Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so as 99.9% of you know im doing the mazdaspeed conversion plus the right hand drive conversion. As you can see in my sig iv obtained a few parts, but what should i get next? Thinking about moving towards the outside now and getting the folding mirrors but not to sure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
seeing that u have the switch, i would say folding mirros

·
Registered
451 Posts
KF-ZE or KL-ZE - for 100% sure :)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no one has ever dropped in a kfze into an aspec and been able to use it to its full potential yet so im going against that lol. KLZE is very tempting but thats still like 2 grand after install

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lmao good idea!! However its my wife lol

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol ssshhh dont tell!!! Im still on the fence about 4ws, lot of work for not much of a gain, however it is unique to the 2g's. I am bouncing all over idea wise, i wouldnt mine getting the mazdaspeed spoiler and skirts but im not sure, id like to get one part done before moving to the next part.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Well, hey now! you claim to be doing a MazdaSpeed conversion...if you don't have the side skirts and spoiler...you're kinda SPOILing the whole concept... HAHAHa ha ha? see what i did there?...anyone?...is this thing on?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol ya but im moving from in to out. Also the cost to paint it will be pricey and i have to store it in iowa as im moving to indiana, so whatever i cant get on my car by the end of february stays in iowa till i come back to pick it up (aka the rhd conversion). Also i dont want to be one of those ricers that drives around with unpainted parts lol.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya but spray can chips easy, plus i have to pay to have it stripped off and actually painting.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did he get it working to 100% though? I know a few people have installed it but havent heard anyones success story.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol i was just about to post that!! I went through his posts and couldnt find anything about him installing it, i pm'd him to see where the thread is at. Sounds like it would be a cheap v6 route to go.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i second the 4ws..
my previous car was a GE 626. and we all know that the chassis, susp, tranny, engine etc is practically the same, they even weigh almost the same and even with susp upgrades that thing understeered like a bitch. when i got the mx6 with 4ws there was a BIG difference even when it was stock, and with the same susp upgrades (RSTB, swaybar, lowering springs etc) theres barely a hint of any understeer, the back even comes out slightly sometimes under hard turning (easily controllable though).
the difference is so great its like driving a different car. if ur serious about having a 'JDM' MX6 then u should definitely consider this.

mountain roads + 4ws = seks ;)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts