Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just dropped a K&N filter in, put some Bosch Platnium 4's in, and i noticed one hell of a difference, i'm not looking to make my car a gas guzzling road warrior, but whats the next best thing i can do to it to get more speed/horsepower...i dont want anything major, maybe like $300...should i get a speed chip?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
tx_beach said:
Easy, more boost. Get a grainger valve or the like and a boost gauge. Should still leave you money for more toys, too.
Oh man that's cruel. You dont have to rub it in that he's got an LX :). Hehe...

Anyway, you can try advancing the timing but you'll have to run super unleaded. You should definitely notice a difference there.

OH BTW. Good move on the K&N drop in filter. That seems to work the best on the nonturbo.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
What about handling mods? Why am I the only person who thinks that a powerful motor in a crappy handling car is no fun?
You will get where you are going much faster if you modify your car to go around corners good, and it's a blast. I think people should make the car handle properly before they add power, but I guess I'm the only one, because I keep seeing the same post:
"more boost more boost more boost!!"

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with antiSUV completely. My mods (see signature) only made a small increase in power, while the suspension mods transformd the character of my car. Struts and springs would be my first mod if I had to do it over again. Even with stock power levels, the stock suspension can't keep up.

By the way, I have an idea for a new intake. The Mazda MPV has what looks like the same MAF as us. However, the airbox is pointed towards the front of the van. If it bolts to our MAF, then it would lend itself well to a cold air intake. My mom's go a MPV, so I'm going t take a look at it tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts