Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the 2nd gen mx6s and i test drove a few of them and theyre nice. I will be getting one soon preferably a 95 LS. I dont know what to do first though. I am thinking headers, cat exhaust, and a cold air intake. But after that I was going to work on trying to get a supercharger under the hood with other mods of course to support it. If you could give me some ideas on what to do first to get the car going good.Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi Kashmir and welcome...

You maybe interested to read this thread regarding boosting the motor, covers both super and turbo charging.

http://www.mx6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91901

Starting on the breathing side of the motor would be a good start, a CAI tends to be everyones first mod, you can get bored out throttle bodies too to help with breathing. Have a good look through the 2nd gen forum, you are sure to find the answers to all the questions you may have regarding supercharging there.. if not, feel free to post them.

Cheers ... Oddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i was thinking cold air intake but the car is pretty much set on maintainence but I was reading about the KL03 vs. the KLZE and once you have mods theyre both pretty much the same. Is that true? Or is the KLZE still quicker.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
The klze starts out quicker and therefore if you put the same amount of mods onto it will most likely be quicker in the end. However for boosting it'll be easier to keep the kl03 that you already have. It is possible to boost the ze but you have to tune the air/fuel very carefully because it has a much higher compression than the 03.

metros

1 - 5 of 5 Posts