Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what i can do to my 93 mx6 ls AT. its really stock and i just wanna make it a lil bit faster and look a lot better. any suggestions?

·
Registered
59 Posts
ractive cold air intakes are cheap and just as good as any other brand CAI. ($150 Canadian get from Tomson Motorsports) and then a muffler or highflow cat should give ya somthing to listen to. You should be able to pull it off for around $200 CDN. and that should keep you entertained until you have the bling to drop some better mods.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
vtec-this said:
ractive cold air intakes are cheap and just as good as any other brand CAI. ($150 Canadian get from Tomson Motorsports) and then a muffler or highflow cat should give ya somthing to listen to. You should be able to pull it off for around $200 CDN. and that should keep you entertained until you have the bling to drop some better mods.
I still would rather have paid less and have gotten a PRM. But whatever. :shrug: Seems since the rep rfom Thompson Motors was no here everyone is all Pro Ractive. They have not been a "quality" brand in the past.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!!! Oh and is there a site where i can listen to the sound of the highflow cat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
rushman said:
thanks!!! Oh and is there a site where i can listen to the sound of the highflow cat.
:lol: no, there is no site with unlimited combinations of exhaust sounds. think of it this way, you put a high flow cat on there, it's probably like turning the volume up 15%. get a testpipe, probably 30% sound increase. you can't really expect anyone to give you any better explanation than that.

remove weight from your car, slap on a testpipe, get a CAI and you're good to go

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Does Ractive make a CAI for the ATX?? HotShot is the only CAI for ATX I know of... RR-Racing for a HotShot ATX CAI, or relocate the battery and make one yourself... Also, try doing a search for IAT Mod, this will give you a little extra pull when changing gears...

B4 you go for an exhaust or hi-flow cat, remember that this is gonna rob you of some low-end power(something the ATX doesnt have much of to spare) while giving you more top-end. You might wanna wait until you have a little more done.... Although w/ the right exhaust your car will sound beast!

ZE Intake Manifold, Cams, Bored TB....Basically any breathing mod will help you...

RR-Racing motor mount inserts will let you put more power to the pavement, I just installed mine, they make a noticable difference.

Looks:

Tinting the windows of course is good bang vs buck... There are a few front lips that are easy to find and install... Clear side markers from ProCarParts are like $30 per pair - you will need front and back... After that, lower it a little and slap some rims and you're money!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Guys,

Since it's getting cooler up in Ontario I havn't checked here for a bit but I found this thread and I just thought I'd introduce myself.

The website is WWW.THOMPSONMOTORSPORTS.COM I've decided to keep supporting the MX6 and probe communities because I do have several customers across Canada and a couple in the US.

The company is owned by myself and i'm the only guy doing everything at the moment so if you need anything or just want to ask about something please ask me you'll get a personal response and I usually remember people quite well.

Anyway just thought i'd say hello.

Thanks.
Wayne Thompson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts