Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Pioneer Speakers under my dash and without pullign my whole dash apart I want to find otu what size they are so I can repalce them..They look like 4" am I correct?? If so Ill be happy cause Im lookign at some 4" Fusion component Speakers.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
4" just like u andy! :p
errm i think thats gonna come back and shoot me in the foot worse than u! lol

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah lima 4 inch girth 3 times as long *lol*

damn mounting shoudl be fun then cause the fusion have a bloody big magnet on them..oh well Ill figure soemthing out...Ive gone nuts lately and decide to replace my whoel system Im goign a lil overboard really but oh well..

Its gonna be 4 inch Fusion Components up front, 6x9 Fusion 2-ways up back (parcel shelf), rockford fosgate tweeters mounted on the back aprcel shelf, 6 inch pioneers in the back doors and a 15inch pioneer sub up back..just need new amps to run it all :(

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
zorb_rules said:
I have a set of Pioneer Speakers under my dash and without pullign my whole dash apart I want to find otu what size they are so I can repalce them..They look like 4" am I correct?? If so Ill be happy cause Im lookign at some 4" Fusion component Speakers.
4". I just changed mine...they are all 4" in GD's and also in my 84 626 it was also 4"...its the most common one.

·
Registered
665 Posts
zorb_rules said:
yeah lima 4 inch girth 3 times as long *lol*

damn mounting shoudl be fun then cause the fusion have a bloody big magnet on them..oh well Ill figure soemthing out...Ive gone nuts lately and decide to replace my whoel system Im goign a lil overboard really but oh well..

Its gonna be 4 inch Fusion Components up front, 6x9 Fusion 2-ways up back (parcel shelf), rockford fosgate tweeters mounted on the back aprcel shelf, 6 inch pioneers in the back doors and a 15inch pioneer sub up back..just need new amps to run it all :(
hardly call that overboard :)
4" upfront and 6x9 with 6" in the rear doors will sound like shit, and drag your sound stage back...
think about it, if you're at a concert, you want the band infront of you, not behind you.

imo id budget more on bigger fronts with pods, than waste money on 6x9's and 6" in the back... use the existing factory rears

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ditto what tomee said, more is not better!!!, spend your majority of budget on a nice set off 6 or 6.5" splits in pods in your front doors, run on an amp, and a decent head unit.. then a sub if your that way inclined.... Ive got this set up in my mx and it [email protected]#kn pumps....

Have a look on caa.com for info re. car audio before you go and do something you'll regret..

:tup:

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont want up front its not for sound anyways..i didnt give 2 shits bout the music *lol* its all for once I install a dvd player and screens etc,...

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and tommee if your at a concert you shoudl actually notice the sound you hear isnt from infront anyways its from behind the sound rebounds off the walls behind you and comes back..so technically if your lookign for a concert atmosphere your lookign for sound from behind *lol* ohh and my car never came with stock rears *lol* they'd be replaced already...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
i real concert tho, in which people are truly interested in the sound, comes from the band, not speakers.
which are.. bupbadaba infront!

·
Registered
665 Posts
zorb_rules said:
and tommee if your at a concert you shoudl actually notice the sound you hear isnt from infront anyways its from behind the sound rebounds off the walls behind you and comes back..so technically if your lookign for a concert atmosphere your lookign for sound from behind *lol* ohh and my car never came with stock rears *lol* they'd be replaced already...
dont know what concert you went to, but they must of had shit sound engineers, or must of been a backyard band :p

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Been to many a concert metallica, foo fighters, blink 182, taste of chaos..all of them if you notice have a reverb type effect nothign to do with sound engineering its the structure of the concert theatres thats why you'll always notice an echo liek effct due to the sound hitting the back wall, and playign back..thats why the best concerts are the open air concerts liek BDO and stuff at the music bowl etc..because the sound is not reflected...I know many people think all the sound comes from the front but I can assure you the percentages are something like 60-40 or there abouts...my brothers studying soudn engineering so he does know a bit about it..im not claiming to be an expert not in the slightest but its soemthing I've noticed and something that has been discussed before in great detail...

·
Registered
456 Posts
RdS said:
is that serious?? a GE MX6 has four 6X8 's ???
i thought they were 5X7 or something [shizzle] like that.
5x7 is the standard GE speakers (I replaced mine about 6 months ago) but from what the salesman said when replacing mine the 6x8's simply have different bolting holes & fit in the same holes (however this did come from a salesman so take this info as you will)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.