Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to run bigger injectors, would it be a good idea to make the spring in the MAF meter one notch stiffer?? Hey!! That way I could raise the threshold for boost-induced fuel cut!!!

How much do our injectors flow (GT) and can someone tell me about the Supra injectors? I was told that they are a direct fit!!

thanks

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I once e-mailed the guys at Corksport about larger injectors that would be a direct fit bolt-on and would not break the budget. They replied by saying injectors out of V6 MX-6/Probe, Millenia, and 626 V6 would do the trick. Just thought you could explore those options.

If anyone does this or has done it already let us know how it goes. I'm always hesitant to do things to a turbo engine.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I remeber hearing our injectors are 280cc/min, which isnt too shabby.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Just turbo. the N/A models have something in the 100's. 180 rings a bell, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[email protected] for the n/A..

Hmmm... Jahmarr recommends that I run at least 550cc injectors with the FE3. Looks like I may have to stiffen up that MAF spring a LOT more than I thought!!

The V6 injectors are bigger than the GT 1st gens????? Hmmm.... I would have thought otherwise given the cylinders are like half the size and its an N/A engine.... I could be wrong!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
teK only said:
[email protected] for the n/A..

Hmmm... Jahmarr recommends that I run at least 550cc injectors with the FE3. Looks like I may have to stiffen up that MAF spring a LOT more than I thought!!

The V6 injectors are bigger than the GT 1st gens????? Hmmm.... I would have thought otherwise given the cylinders are like half the size and its an N/A engine.... I could be wrong!!!!
A popular upgrade for our injectors are the injectors from a previous gen (like a '91) supra.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
sooo.... pulling injectors out of Turbo and puting it into mine....... would that have any benefits???
im intrested as i was rolling around this idea in my head for quite some time now

·
Registered
131 Posts
Keep in mind that you do not want more fuel than you engine needs or you may loose power. There will be less oxygen present so the combustion wont be as great. Same goes for too much oxygen or you could blow the motor by creating too much cumbustion.

Stock V6 injectors by the way are about 220 cfm

If you can supply more air to the engine ... by porting & polishing or getting bigger heads, intake manifold, throttle body, intake (CAI), and or more boost ... then you will need to upgrage the fuel system.

My 96 V6 is still running a good mixture after most bolt ons and the klze.

My 88 GT when it gets all the extra boost and airflow from the upgraded turbo and bigger heads, intake manifold, etc. will need a better fuel system to compensate for the extra airflow

Hope this info helps

Check out http://www3.telus.net/asword/saga3.html for info on this topic

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
gtn12s, is that a guess or do you know for sure? If so how? Also any idea if they are different from year to year? I know that my originals are black, but the 92's are chrome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I do know for sure. Before I bought the car, the guy told me they were RC's so I took the number down and called them up. There 320cc NipponDenso injectors. I'm not sure about the 88 and 89 injectors but 90 to 92 are 320.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I have both an 88 and a 92. I will have to check out the numbers on them to see if they are the same. I know that the extra set I have are Denso injectors

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
My 88 MX6 has the following Denso Part Number 195500 1650, the 92 MX6 has something different. They are 195500 2150.

Something is different since carpart.com lists different injectors for the 88 and 92. Hmmmmmm

·
Registered
711 Posts
My 88 has 310cc stock per RC Engineering. That's a GT. No clue on the N/A's.

·
Registered
711 Posts
DENSO 195500-1650. On the part where the wiring harness plugs in it says 824.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The connectors are different. I found this out when installing 88 injectors in a 91! My 91 N/A injectors last 4 digits are "1970"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts