Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a stock 93 mx6 and i just bought an exuast tip
i didnt know what size would fit.. so i got a 3 and a half inch stainless steel tip...is that pretty good? it seems kind of heavy.. i hope the stock muffler exaust wich is only 1 and a half inches can hold it after its been trimmed all the way to the muffler.
do you guys have your exausts flush with the body? or sticking out?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I got 2.25 inch exhaust from the cat back. The cat is gutted, and I have no muffler or resonator. I have a 4 inch exhaust tip and it sounds super ricey, so, I'm about to get rid of it. I'm thinking a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, I've heard they sound great on 4 cylinders.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I am going with 2.5in pipe with resonator no cat.(gutted) and a muffler(4.5tip).
I have a DRagger style muffler now and stock pipe, little loud bt not to bad with a res. and cat.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think that you are taking the tips only and not the under-car piping, right? Anyway, most of the tip cover shold have an adj. screw, so as long as you can get the tip to fit it should be ok. Or you can take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it for you. Don't let the tips come out too much, flush with the bumper or just a little bit outside.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i used 2.25 from cat back to a focuz muffler... Deep and loud as hell.... no resinator.. but cat is still there with everything inside... i feel without or doing straight pipe u lose to much back pressure... but thats my opinion

·
Registered
148 Posts
3"

I couldn't understand why I should spend $550 for a bosal cat back when for $500 I had constructed my 3" mandrel system including a catco highflow cat and turbo apexi n-1... talk about loud... at higher rpms it sounds like one of the motorcross cars... hp gain who knows...

·
Registered
41 Posts
3" is way too big... i feel 2.5 at the max... anything higher and you will lose hp...but i would construct my own exaust... cheaper way to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts