Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 90 mx6 TBO and i was wondering what size exhaust i should get and where from. I am on limited budget 300 to 400 dollars but dont want to waste my time. Exhaust shop said 2.5 inch from cat back and it was not needed to increases size from turbo. Any help would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Im sure they just dont want to do piping from the turbo (downpipe)
Go back to that shop and tell them that you want 2.5in from the turbo all the way back. If you can get a highflow cat too.

IMO dont take the cat out, my car got very loud and buzzy with it out. Thats also with no resonators. I got a resonator put in a little while ago and it sounds great

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i dont know why they wouldnt di it from the turbo. They would be making more money. I will get 2.5 from the turbo back, but maybe somewhere else now.

G

·
dont take off your cat, it screws up your O2 sensor by not allowing it to reach the proper temperature, and will screw your gas mileage

simply not worth it

we have enough torque anyways :ewink:

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
i hand a 3" on mine and it costed only 243.00 from the turbo back, no cat and no resonator though, yes it was loud, but that's the way i liked it, now she's gone.
Well you sold it huhh?? :(

dont take off your cat, it screws up your O2 sensor by not allowing it to reach the proper temperature, and will screw your gas mileage

simply not worth it

we have enough torque anyways
Who told you that?? Ive never heard of that. Plus flow = horsepower not torque. Of course more flow will increase torque but more flow more power.

I dont know how my exhaust was as buzzy as it was. I kinda broke my downpipe tonight and my car sounds damn good!!!! Of course its loud and has a gross sound at idle but driving normal I can hear the turbo spoolin like hell and im not hitting the gas hard. It does sound pretty bad but I think Id rather drive open exhaust then having one. Driving normal you hear the turbo spooling, when boosting its nothing but air. Its so damn loud............I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
northernmaniac said:

simply not worth it

we have enough torque anyways :ewink:
You might wanna check into that a little more. I have no cat, as do many others, and my o2 works just fine.
No catylitic converter=Less back pressure=More Horsepower.(On turbo equipped vehicles)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts