Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone anyone?
know what size to order off of carparts.com??

Im anxious to order right now, but I dont want to get the wrong size :)

anyone? anyone?

Cheers

G

·
0 Posts
This might help

I'm not sure what size we have but I know where they sell a visor spesifically for the 6. Go to http://www.wooddash.com. Look around and you'll find it.

PS Why mess-up that clean roof line?

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah yes

because I dont like the metal bar that pops up when you roll back the roof

Cheers

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sniff sniff :(

anyone at all? no the size?

thanx a million

Cheers

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Measure the size of the opening from left to right. I believe it's like 19". Then add 1" on each side, total of 2" and get that size. I believe I got a 22" visor. Some people thought they should get the same size as the roof and wound up having the roof rub on the visor every time they opened it and closed it.

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
excellent

Thanks jp

I was waiting for your response :)

Thanks again

Cheers :smokin:

G

·
0 Posts
While you guys are on the subject of sunroofs, I have some questions. Does the sunroof visor help reduce wind noise? Can you get a glass sunroof to replace the stock one (sometimes it would be nice to have some more light in the car)? Thanks in advance.

Colin

·
Registered
579 Posts
yes, and yes... it will almost reduce the sound completely, and you can get aftermarket glass roofs, but they're close to $600 from what I remember..

hmm..just did a web search, but I couldn't find any for our 6's.. when I owned my MX-3, I did find one for $600.. oh well, I'm sure they're out there..

·
Registered
39 Posts
FWIW: i just got done calling dealer parts dept's (dallas area)this morning. they priced them at btwn 52-65 $US including a hardware kit so it "wont damage your paint" according to the parts guy. it may be more than carparts.com but at least you'll know its going to fit perfectly and it wont involve adhesives on your paint. good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts