Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i kinda cant make up my mind with this.
im want some input from yall and what you think i should do.
im buying new coilovers but i cant deside if i want to go with k sport
or if i want to build my own using tokico blue shocks and ground control coilovers. what should i do?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
yeah, if you've got the money, go awr coilovers. weaksauce loves them. no ksport as dthomashov18 and other people have had problems with quality issues. they're basically ebay brand in terms of how long they last

if you can't afford that, go with tokico illuminas with eibach lowering springs. Gummy Grip - GTSPEC and Beatrush WD has a good price on them. better than egay

if you can afford illuminas, go with the tokico blues and eibachs. pretty much the other brands aren't setup to last with lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yes...i absolutely LOVE my AWRs. If you had them you would LOVE them too...lol. If you do purchase the AWRs then get the AWR camber plates to go with. Put you at about no more then 1900 with shipping. Well worth it! A tad cheaper options that will last include: Tein Super Streets (heard Tein basics werent to great) and KWs Variant 3s.
If you dont want coilovers then definetly get Tokicos with good springs. Tokico struts are very good.

EDIT: Forgot to tell you. There are some JIC coilovers for sale on here. Take a look!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx weaksauce. good info i would like to look in to the awrs. its funny i look up coilovers for a 2g on yahoo and k sport is all that came up. i cant find alot of brands that make stuff for my car i must be lookin in the wrong place. but i was wanting to know if there is other cars that ar interchangable with the mx besides a probe.
im new to the mazda world i came from dubs

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Most of the coilovers i mentioned above are for the Probe GT. PGT has the same chassis as the mx6. Look in the For Sale section on this site. JIC coilovers in there for a good deal. Theyre originally for a mazda Protege but, they fit our car too. I think the rear upper mounts might have been modified to work. Could be wrong...i dont know. If youre serious about the AWRs...PM me.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
if you can't afford that, go with tokico illuminas with eibach lowering springs. Gummy Grip - GTSPEC and Beatrush WD has a good price on them. better than egay.

That site lists illuminas for $519 and I didnt see if that includes shipping.

I just ordered a set of illuminas form "egay" for $484.00 shipped.

Even if your site's price includes shipping ebay saves $25, if it dosnt include shipping it could be as much as $50-$100 difference.

Most of the coilovers i mentioned above are for the Probe GT. PGT has the same chassis as the mx6. Look in the For Sale section on this site. JIC coilovers in there for a good deal. Theyre originally for a mazda Protege but, they fit our car too. I think the rear upper mounts might have been modified to work. Could be wrong...i dont know. If youre serious about the AWRs...PM me.
What generation Protege are you talking about? I ordered mine for a 3rd gen protege (99+) for a couple reasons.
Earlier year proteges wont fit because the brackets for the spindle side mount's are to narrow.

rears do not have to be modified
STRAIGHT BOLT ON
Again what gen are you talking about? I know the front struts for all gen proteges use smaller diameter shafts and so require protege/323 upper mounts, either 99+ 3rd gen or 1st gen mountd. The 1st gen mounts will lower the car about 1/2" in the front but the 3rd gen mounts are much more rigid and safer.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
rears do not have to be modified
STRAIGHT BOLT ON
I know the JICs youre selling are straight bolt up man. Did you have to modify the rear upper mounts to fit or did the rears bolt straight up out of the box. On my AWRs the front camber plates/top plates are the same ones he uses for the protege AWR setup. I recently asked Woodford if the mx6 and 3rd gen protege strut mount were the same and he said he didnt believe so.

·
Registered
271 Posts
the only thing in notice that was that one of the studs on the mount is longer thats about it.....

hey weaksauce are the awr's height and compression adjustable(independent) or just height the jic's are. man i really hate having to get rid of them im really loosing out on this one, i got them in the summer i think it was june, and mid august i blew the damn engine trying to show up a corvette lol, guess thats what i get. well cant spend more money on the car gotta pay the house note, so parts are going. =( o well
live and learn ill get another six eventually.....when the money is right

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
the only thing in notice that was that one of the studs on the mount is longer thats about it.....

hey weaksauce are the awr's height and compression adjustable(independent) or just height the jic's are. man i really hate having to get rid of them im really loosing out on this one, i got them in the summer i think it was june, and mid august i blew the damn engine trying to show up a corvette lol, guess thats what i get. well cant spend more money on the car gotta pay the house note, so parts are going. =( o well
live and learn ill get another six eventually.....when the money is right
Interesting about the mounts.....the AWRs are not seperate height and preload adjustable.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Anyone have the AWR limited slip differential on the mx6?

·
Registered
418 Posts
How hards it to set up? Any complications with it after installation?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts