Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
M-Editions are all the color of your car, have the M-Edition badges and I think they have the "special" M-Edition floor mats too. I think it was just an aesthetic package. That's about it as far as I know. Mechanically and all other items are the same though.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
well I do know the tail-lights are different too. They don't have the yellow part; I saw an M-edition with just red tailights and the white for reverse a couple of days ago. Engibe wise they are the exact same I believe.

·
Registered
475 Posts
dont forget those nifty chrome door sills. There is absolutley no performance/engine/anything other mechanical realted differences.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
stumper, you mean you've had an M-edition and didn't know what made it so special... (different)? ;) the m-edition was made to show that mazda could make a "luxury" sports car. i'm sure some history research would show the creation of this trim level coincided with the release of some other maker's car. m-edition mx-6 also have the m badge stitched into the seats. the audio was also upgraded to include an in-dash 3-disc cd changer (alpine, believe it or not!) and a fujitsu head unit. no mechanical difference whatsoever.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is my first Mazda that I've owned and I knew very little about the MX-6. I was just curious what made the M different than the LS. I just got this car 3 weeks ago.

So I guess that difference is:

* gold rims
* red taillights
* side mouldings
* 3 disc indash changer
* chrome door footing (nice touch)
* M edition logos on side of car and stiched in seat
* gold trim? (mine has it. Is it stock?)

does the LS have variable intermittant wipers or is that an M thing too?

·
Banned
55 Posts
hey stumper, can you do me a favor and take closer side photos of your 6? i need to see the details of the side moldings. i don't know if m edition moldings comes in dark green (i can have them painted anyways) but it's a real must have item since the side panels are subject to dents and dings all the time..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bostonmx6 said:
hey stumper, can you do me a favor and take closer side photos of your 6? i need to see the details of the side moldings. i don't know if m edition moldings comes in dark green (i can have them painted anyways) but it's a real must have item since the side panels are subject to dents and dings all the time..
go here:

http://www.stumper66.com/images/moulding1.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
bostonmx6 said:
thank you buddy i appreciate that. i ordered them yesterday i'll probably put next week after i visit the dentwizard shop..
How much were the side moldings? (I assume you ordered them from Mazda) I would love to have them. Do they come is red? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't forget that the M-Edition also came with stiffer struts.
Sorry to bring a thread 'back to life' after over 8 years, guys.... but WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS OUT, Rogue?

As far as I knew- the '96 MX-6 "M-Edtion" was different than a '96 "LS" in every way stated in the post by Thumper66. (no more, no less)

Where did you find out that the struts were different ?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
then you would realize that they were talking about the 1st gen not the 2nd gen. The 91's may have had the stiffer struts, but I know absolutely nothing about the 1st gens.
8 Years ago, would've been 01.. Not 91...

One of the years of the 1st gen came with a strut tower bar, and the 89's with an optional 4WS, and the GT's having adjustable suspension via in dash control, but the only different struts on a 2nd gen are the elusive Mazdaspeed struts on certain JDM 6's. The 2nd gen in other countries also had an option 4WS, but not offered here in America. No word I believe on if their suspension is stiffer/softer than standard, I would imagine its the same, just an overall heavier car to accommodate the extra parts for the 4WS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts