Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What the hell are they doing to the Speed3??

Thing has a mono-nostril large enough to swallow small children and has taken styling cues from the Furai...and made them look bad.... :no:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i thnk the grille is just a black chrome. im sure the USDM production will be quite different.

·
Registered
790 Posts
looks better than the current model

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
hello aftermarket for front grills.

it kinda looks like the smile that you will have after driving the car.... a bit of a $hit eating grin if you will.. :)

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Looks like a Celica :tdown: Maybe lose the hood scoop.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The sedan looks like a saturn from the front!

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They're trying to emulate this:

Which is awesome, I LOVE the Furai, but it's a design you have to either take it all the way, or not at all....you can't 'tone it down' for production and still make it look good...It's all or nothing...

Ryan

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
mmm i like it. one thing i dont like is its always reminding me of the sti hatch

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Wow. The Mazda3 was something that looked OK in pictures but bad in person. This is bad in both! What were they thinking?! Guess in the end, those with the older models will have better luck getting top value for theirs on the used car market. Mazda had a chance to improve upon an already great design and...they blew it.

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
They're trying to emulate this:

Which is awesome, I LOVE the Furai, but it's a design you have to either take it all the way, or not at all....you can't 'tone it down' for production and still make it look good...It's all or nothing...

Ryan
They failed.........miserably.....

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
^That car actually looks better in person though. The design is very futuristic LeMans style.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No no no.....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Furai, it looks awesome! I would love to see that styling applied to the next RX7, but not toned down like it is on the MS3....

I would pay money to see it in person :D :D

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This one does look a lot better than the ones I posted up....Maybe it's bad lighting?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts