Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok! I really really want to install my HD intake so I purchased a 3' Mighty Flow hose, 3' K&N cone filter, and some 3' clamps to tighten the hose to the filter. Well I understand that part of the system, but now I have to drill some hole to fit the IAT sensor into the hose? OK I have no idea what an IAT sensor is or what it looks like! :rolleyes:. Today I took out the stock airbox along with the scoop in my car but left the elbow that connected to the manifold. Well I have a 4 banger and there are two separated plugs that are connected to the stock air box. Is One of those plugs the IAT sensor? If so, then what is the other plug for and is it necessary to connect that plug also? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Yup, the big one is the MAF, the little one that is on the upper half of the airbox, the one that screws in, is the Intake Air Temperature sensor. Just tap a hole a few inches from the MAF and screw it in, make sure you seal it with something though. I'm gonna try and put together a system using aluminum pipes or some kinda metal piping from HD, hopefully i'll get it done in 2 weeks, once i do i will post pictures on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts