Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, this morning before I went to class, I let my car warm up to running temp. On my way to school I had to downshift a lil and step on it a bit, AS SOON AS my RPM's get to around 3200-4000 the car starts to buck and jump, slow down and get faster. What the hell is the problem??! I haven't really been beating on the 6 lately so I dunno what the heck the problem is?? Anyone know?? Or have any idea?!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Could be a lot of things. Might be misfiring, o2 sensor. Replace your plugs first and see what happens.

Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have brand new plugs and wires on it. This didn't start until this morning. It SOUNDS like it's boosting OK but I'm not familiar with turbo's (new car for me. Anyone have anymore ideas?

·
Registered
287 Posts
One of my friends put new Champion plugs in his car and one was misfiring, it was defective.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plugs had about 210 miles on em b4 this started happening. This only happens after about 3200 when the turbo kicks it. I was cruising on the highway at about 68mph at 2900-3000 without any probs. but once I get on it and push the RPM's up there is a lot of hesitaion

·
Registered
45 Posts
plug gap

Did you take the plugs off another car? If so are they gapped right?

·
Registered
666 Posts
This sounds a lot like MY problem that's as yet undiagnosed. Is it backfiring at all?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The plugs are gapped correctly, they are brand new. No it is not backfiring, it's not making any noise when it hesitates besides throwing me forward and back in my seat and bucking. I have not yet verified the timing yet (do not know how to). All this s*it happens as soon as I get in the power band. TexasMX6GT, What else is yours doing?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Replaced your fuel filter lately? Could be partially clogged. Only shows at high RPM when flow is at max.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright guys, You are AAALLLLL going to laugh at me, I have had a blond moment (even though I'm not really)!! I feel so stupid and got worked up over nothing lol. My problem was that the coil connecting the distributor and the ignition was disconnested from the ignition! LOLOL Talk about feeling stupid, seriously. I can't beleive I didn't notice it, it took my uncle to notice it. Oh well. I really appriciat everyone's input and I thank you guys greatly!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey we all gotta start somewhere with learning cars right? No harm done.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You Dumb A$$!!

I'm totally kidding--it just sounded funny. I'm just really happy for you that it was a simple (and FREE) problem to fix!! That is a time to scream "Hell Yeah!".

;)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You still haven't got yours figured out Texas? Darn!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts