Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nearly every search ends up in no results.

"dyno plot"

For instance, returns now results. This is pissing me off.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Annoying for many, i think a search would turn up similiar threads about this topic!!

:D

Seriously though, the server is in the process of moving (about 2/3's done i think?) and as such the search engine has not been 'populated' with perameters yet...

Claeren.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Spot on. ;)

I know it is annoying. We have been having some server configuration issues. We dont really have enough RAM on the server and any time I do any kind of heavy maintenance (like try to rebuild the search index) we eat up the rest of the RAM and things start going wrong.
I have already put in an order to upgrade the RAM to 1GB, so Im just waiting for that to happen before I try to fix anything else.

Yesterday's problems were due to me running a backup, it ate up the rest of our RAM and started generating mySQL errors which were being cached since sendmail didnt have any RAM to work with. It all backed up until nothing was working.

Server load was at 57 (should be under 10 even during peak times) and free RAM was at 0 and the site was not responding so I had to restart everything a couple of times before it all cleared up.

We should be able to search by the end of this week.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. I understand. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me. I just reformatted and put on XP the other day and I don't fully trust it yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts