Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

what times should i expect from an LS-T?

811 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  ponykillerprobe 
#1 ·
well?

what kind of 1/4 mile times should i expect out of my klo3 on 9psi?

thx
joel

#3 ·
Mici said:
Low 13's possibly.

Mici
nice.......what mods would i need to run higher boost...say for exaple 12-15psi?

#4 ·
first of all, you have to figure out the setup you will be running. 1/4 mile times cannot be estimated by"how fast will i go at 9 psi"
because 9 psi on different size turbos will result in different hrsepower/lag/powerband etc. And still even that will not be enough. Will you be upgrading injectors, fuel pump, exhaust piping and downpipe size, full standalone etc. all of these things contribute to your times as well. Intercooler? How big?, how small? Intake piping diameter? All of this must be planned out before you begin to start guesstimating.

#5 ·
nice.......what mods would i need to run higher boost...say for exaple 12-15psi?
1. A good fuel system
2. Hour after hour of tuning
3. Lots and lots of cash
4. Internal work Possibly(not sure what stock internals on K series motors can handle, but i do know that with enough fuel and a timing retard you may be able to go farther on stock internals than most would think)

Good luck to you, i reccommend spending the next few months researching before you go and start buying things.

#6 ·
Vtecthis said:
1. A good fuel system
2. Hour after hour of tuning
3. Lots and lots of cash
4. Internal work Possibly(not sure what stock internals on K series motors can handle, but i do know that with enough fuel and a timing retard you may be able to go farther on stock internals than most would think)

Good luck to you, i reccommend spending the next few months researching before you go and start buying things.
Yup, that seems like a pretty good shopping list. Say, you propably won't get that far without at least 6k to spend on things. :( I would say 2-3 k for all the "necessary" engine work and dunno if you can actually get a shop do your turbo stuff for ~3 k. Somewhere that ballpark, propably not less tho. Unless you are a wizard yourself... ;)

Mici

#9 ·
acctualy a buddy of mine (the same one doing my turbo swap) already has the turbo, its a .63 A/R T3, and with all the piping not to mention the turbo that he is giving me, and the labor he is only charging me $200, so basicaly im just paying for the fuel managment stuff (pump, injectors ect ect) and the piping and he is doing the labor for free and giving me the turbo brand new in the box.
he used to run a shop in orange county a few years back and the dude knows his ****, hell....within the next couple weeks i will be helping him drop a 2.0L turbo isuzu impulse motor into a 94 geo metro with a zex wet kit.

now thats gonna be fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.