Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I Already Posted A Thread On An Mx6 Intake And This Kinda Goes Off That. I Recently Bought A 93 Mazda Mx6 I4 With 95,000 Miles For 800.00 Bucks. I Was Wondering What Cheap Things I Could Do To The Car To Increase Performance And Horsepower. I Read On Wiki That These Cars Only Have About 120 Hp So I Would Really Like To Give This Thing Some More Pep. I Dont Want To Put A Turbo On It Because The Cost Of Putting A Turbo Kit In It Would Cost MUCH More Than The Car Its Self. Any Help Would Be Great. Also Info On The Jet Ecu Upgrades Would Be Great . Thanks.

MY BUDGET IS AROUND 500.00 TO 1000.00 OR SO.

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Hi and welcome ..

Unless age is a factor, If you see a V6 version within your budget, buy it. Then sell the I4 version, use the money to put into the V6. You would have to spend more than your budget to even reach the V6 figures from the I4.

Or if you must stay I4, then you need to look at breathing, intake and headers, exhaust. Just one thing will not do it, you would have to go the whole shooting match. and even then your not going to see a lot from it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i pretty much need to stay with the car i have so i guess ill just do the basics. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts