Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all, just joined and i am buying a 1990 mx6 turbo tomorrow.
the car is from a dealership and has 107xxxkms and looks in showroom condition (almost)!

is there anything in particular to watch out for when buying theses mazda's?

any help would be much appreciated!

if it helps the car is costing 10k and is completely stock.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
almost showroom !

Wecome Shibbs !
It appears as though you have found a very desirable specimen of the 1st Gen "6". It almost sounds too good to be true !
The price seems rather high, but then again they just don't make those classic factory turbo powered beauties anymore.

Seeing as how you are purchasing it from a dealership, a couple of things they should be able to do for you. Such as knowing the vehicle history and maintenance performed. (It would be beneficial to be able to speak to the previous owner.) They should be able to give you a documented mechanical inspection, plus even offer you a warranty on such a low mileage vehicle.

When paying that kind of money, the dealer should fully accomodate any issues or concerns, should they arise. Things to check would be the motor's compression, the turbo unit, the timing belt, water in the trunk, the electricals, suspension, brakes, and exhaust.

Remember that with any used vehicle of that age, the most important thing is how the previous owner took care of it. Repairs can be expensive on things like replacing a head gasket or the adjustable struts.

Good Luck..........!

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
holy Sh!t 10K i paid 4k for my fully loaded 95 V6 w/ the same miles! Is that canadian? even so that seems way to much for the car.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies.

the price is in Australian dollars

i took the car for a test drive and i must say being my first turbo car the boost is a welcome surprise:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts