Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well My mate quit his mx6 project not long ago which was lucky for me because I was happy to buy alot of the parts from him :tup:

One of the parts I purchased was a brand new rebuilt Garrett M24 turbo already connected up and basically ready to bolt on. My Mate purchased it under the impression it was a T28 turbo. He never ended up connecting it up to find out what it was. The stats all matched up on it. I didnt really check it up etc as I got it cheap.

Comp cover: Garrett A/R 0.48 m24 KTT
Exhaust cover: 692H7 Garrett 485 0.48

I have done a google/ebay crawl and cannot seem to find exactly what car is was from. I'm pretty sure it is from a nissan (the actuator has a nissan logo) and it is most likely a T25 or T28.

I have borrowed a T28 Dump Pipe from another friend who owns a GTIR and says is should fit T25 to T28 for all nissan turbos but it doesnt fit the bolt pattern on the exhaust outlet. I have pics below of the dump pipe and turbo. I have yet to identify what dump pipe will fit it and exactly what car it came off. I hope you guys can shed some light on it for me as I dont have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to what turbo comes from what car etc.

Thanks in advance

The Dump pipe I borrowed (Nissan T28 T25/t28)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
last time I heard markings like that was for the ET turbo's.

M24 sounds so like FJ20 - I know it sounds funny but I know it's smaller, to be honest it sound FAKE as. IMO ring someone like GCG turbo's or even Garret here in sydney they would probelry tell you. Don't tell them your looking for the number.

Call them tell them BS - your in need of help for a CUSTOMER. - tell them oyu have this turbo but need to know if it can be rebuilt etc, what cost of parts. Tell them some customer bought, 2nd hand car and it's on it and it's not what you expected.
The guys working in them places get so many stupid calls like - How much is a Big turbo etc so they don't like answering too many silly calls.

Reactions: razrmx6

·
Registered
313 Posts
T25 off S13 mate, AR.48 is the marking they have, as with M24... my mate has one in his shed i was looking at... you interested in selling it? strange that the dump pipe doesn't match up, T25/T02 hybrid maybe? those markings on the compressor, i am almost positive they are S13 markings...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks rodhog, I did hear that there were some fake Garrett Turbos (in particular M24 versions) circulating so I guess ill take your advice and make the next step was to call garrett or a turbo store to try and get some answers. The fact that there was barely any info for it on google and nothing matched up isn't good. So ill give it a go and see what comes from it.

Sevla, your 100% sure it is mate? You do sound right to me as i was under the impression is was a T25 nissan turbo but it was weird like you said that the T28 dump pipe does not fit. I was planning to bolt this onto my mx6 so probably wont sell it.

If it is this turbo, does anyone know whats the best way about getting a flange/dump pipe for the exhaust outlet?

thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah ok, thanks for that then. Now i just need to located a flange/dump pipe for it.

Anyone here used one of these in a setup before? Are they any good?

·
Registered
313 Posts
yeah the setup will be good for your Gen1, as would it be good for my laser :p hence why i asked if you wanna sell it... i remember a while ago (about october november) some guy was making em up on here... i'll do a search (just an adaptor plate, which im gonna need soon anyway roflol...

EDIT: Sorry mate, cant seem to find the thread, possibly deleted due to age... oh well i tried, do a search on ebay, ya can get lucky... try ebay.com, not .com.au

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehe :p sounds good then

thanks for the help mate. I'll get looking again. Was checking out ebay etc last night to no avail. Maybe ill also try to source locally, Or bolt the turbo on and then take it to my exhaust guy and tell him to make me one :p

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i read that somewhere aswell while searching for info that it could be a gtr stocker. And that would explain why the exhaust housing doesnt fit a GTIR dump pipe compatible with T25/T28.

Theres no way to tell from the comp or exhaust cover numbers? What would you be looking for if the mani wasnt welded?

Did Nissan stock turbos have any special marks?

·
Registered
313 Posts
ok, this is kinda off topic, yet not really... what is the turbo off an R33??? is it a GT28*** or a T03**??? just wanna know as i have one sitting around...

oh and jesio, great info... +rep

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill will have to check with my mate, but that could be the turbo that i have. I do remember him saying something about the inlet. Has has also recently mentioned to me that he also bought the turbo under the impression it is a hybrid. Is the GTR turbo known as a hybrid? I know selva mentioned it earlier.

thanks guys for the help +rep to all :p

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
ok, this is kinda off topic, yet not really... what is the turbo off an R33??? is it a GT28*** or a T03**??? just wanna know as i have one sitting around...

having never removed stokc GT-R turbos, I know I've touched most bar stock. Sad life - everything is modded already.

as for R33 - I've played heaps with them. T3 flange but T28 core type. there a garrett T28 in effect but larger or largest stock. using a T3 type rear flange housing.
in effect typical problem of being large enough rear for 6cylidner and small front end.

the only car so far really fitted with what would be a GT series is S15S2.
the rest are all closer to the T-series. In fact here is a tip for you all go the earlier ball bearing turbo's They dont' use plastic cage racers, in the housing.
later model and new ones do, The only issue being IMO, as I've been having trouble with most new equipment with plastic cage bearings just not lasting as long as the older stuff with metal cages. I know in my area we just shut them down but most are plain oil cooled but I've noticed replacing them more often. This is also a issue - apparently that I'm not supose to say anything about but stuff them. It's only a real issue if you don't fit water cooling back up to your turbo. I know of many having simialr issues. on some SR20's but usually not a problem if normal boost levels are used.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

No idea what model GTR that turbo is off, i stole that pic from another forum :p if your turbo is the same as this one its a t28, i think all gtr turbos are, but best to ask that on a skyline forum.

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
James, I think that turbo did have an exhaust inlet that looked like the pic Jesse posted. Getting a flange made up wont cost much.

Get a gasket and take it down to this place:

Knox Steel Profiles
factory 6/50 Barry Street
Bayswater

Ask for Harry Grimes

They have a minimum cut of $60, but you can get other things cut out as well, or multiples done.

I've used them before and they seem to do decent work.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the help scott. Ill most likely give them a go. So just gotta source the gasket now, a few more parts and then need a spare weekend to get it done :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well My mate quit his mx6 project not long ago which was lucky for me because I was happy to buy alot of the parts from him :tup:

One of the parts I purchased was a brand new rebuilt Garrett M24 turbo already connected up and basically ready to bolt on. My Mate purchased it under the impression it was a T28 turbo. He never ended up connecting it up to find out what it was. The stats all matched up on it. I didnt really check it up etc as I got it cheap.

Comp cover: Garrett A/R 0.48 m24 KTT
Exhaust cover: 692H7 Garrett 485 0.48

I have done a google/ebay crawl and cannot seem to find exactly what car is was from. I'm pretty sure it is from a nissan (the actuator has a nissan logo) and it is most likely a T25 or T28.

I have borrowed a T28 Dump Pipe from another friend who owns a GTIR and says is should fit T25 to T28 for all nissan turbos but it doesnt fit the bolt pattern on the exhaust outlet. I have pics below of the dump pipe and turbo. I have yet to identify what dump pipe will fit it and exactly what car it came off. I hope you guys can shed some light on it for me as I dont have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to what turbo comes from what car etc.

Thanks in advance

The Dump pipe I borrowed (Nissan T28 T25/t28)

EL garrett M24 ktt4-5-6-7-8 es usado en SSANGYONG Rexton II 270xdi;con motor mecedes benz OM 612 'o OM 647 de 2.7 l.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts