Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i am going to do the supra light swap, what year supra do i need to get lights from????

--mcbride

·
Registered
537 Posts
Dude, no offense, but learn your shit wicked. 93 - "98" supra's will fit with little modification, its just that there was a change in the style in 97. 93-96 Tailights have a different color surrounding the circular lights than 97/98. I believe the 93-96 lights are a black surrounding, and the 97/98 lights are a silvery grey background. If you havent bought them yet talk to me. I am doing the supra tail conversion in a week and am going to this place in houston to buy them. I get more of a discount if I buy more. Am already buying 4 lights, the more the better. And mcbride, you know you can trust me. Call me at 832-423-9545. Latz.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
What's the price for them, Gene???
Mici

·
Registered
537 Posts
100 bux each, but the more i get, the more discount. I am buying 4 so far,(2 pairs) and gettin 25% off. So we need more people. Hit me up at 832-423-9545 if you are interested.

Also, what is the real difference between the two. Cant really tell. Can someone tell me. Is it the bacground color or not. Can't see in the pic.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
2Fast said:
Also, what is the real difference between the two. Cant really tell. Can someone tell me. Is it the bacground color or not. Can't see in the pic.
like you said, the 93-96 model is black around the four circles and the lenses stick out; 97-98 is greyish (like carbon fiber) and flush with the lenses. the "crystals" of the 93-96 are smaller and there are more of them. the 97-98 models are big and cleaner looking... that's what i see. i have the 97-98's but not installed yet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
is hard to install it?

MAN!!! it look cool on those light.. when u guys done the install please let us(me) know is hard to install or not!! thx.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
So it's -25% = 100 USD or 100USD - 25% ? I mite be still intrested... oh yeah, I almost forgot, are those used lights?
Mici

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone got any price quotes for this swap?

just wandering if anyone has had the chance to get a quote from the body shop for this swap, i may call my shop today but they will probably just say that it will depend on how much time it takes, i just want an approximate idea...250 bucks for install as opposed to 800.00 to install.

--thanks, mcbride

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Woohoo! I hope the shipping won't kill me. I'm 95% in. I need to look on the modifications needed to do it and then I'll tell you for sure. Finally something like this comes up! ;)

Damn, I wish I could help you guys on the installing stuff. Me and my dad run a bodyshop here in Finland and I would be glad to help you but it seems to be a bit hard now. :(

Anyway, Gene, I'll let you know. On wednesday or thursday.

Mici

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
What do the lights include? I suppose they don't have wiring harness with them but do they have all those parts that are required to keep the bulbs in their place?
Mici

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
i think this should be ressurrected...

for the best details of installation (posted on mx6.com), please read the following thread. rogue04 has the best explanation.

http://www.mx6.com/newmx6/board//showthread.php?threadid=304&referrerid=970

i will take a picture of my tails tonight and show you exactly what i got. i haven't priced the install yet because i can't do without my car until the fall.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If I can get the Supra's for like $150 shipped I will take a pair. Tell me where to send the money!

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Hey what ever happened to this? You got your pair yet Gene?

Mici

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
where are you getting these lights from? i mean, can you get 98+ vette tails for a good price too or are you getting them from a dealership, etc.?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts