Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this is what i got on the agenda for the probe this month ... first off i was supposed to have my hot pipes made so id be turbo'd on the 27th but that never happened because i had an accident (hydroplained off the road into a fence minimal damage) so i took out a loan and put the turbo on hold to get the car fixed ... so far ive bought clear cornors , invader cf hood, shave door handle kit, and fuba antena. im not a kit fan so i just had the factory side skirts molded and smoothed, door handles shaved and they painted the red trim around my tail lights the same color as my car (silver mist) ... my question is after all of this i have about 500 more to play with ... any more opinions on what to do next?

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
get the turbo done, or interior, i am a huge fan of custom interior, and the probe has nice seats already, maybe recover them, or a system? depends on your tastes.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
well i've never sat in them, but they are decnt looking, with a nice looking recover they could look pretty good, just an opinion i suppose.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i was looking for a set of mx black leather seats ... have yet to find any... any other opinions? and the turbo will be done the weekend after i get the car back :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
well, spend a bit of extra cash to get an emergency cable/something to make sure you don't get stranded outside of your car when your poppers/battery dies.

Happened to me 2 weeks ago in boise when my alternator went out on me... I had to crawl through the trunk to open the door... Once it's parked, i'll figure something out!

I'd say do something with the interior.
uhm...
Custom embossed Headliner!!!(I did that, and i've gotten a lot of compliments on it!)
Paint some interior peices(just don't make it look tacky)
Or maybe a new deck/speakers/amps/subs...
uhm... I don't know what else...

Reactions: prob3r

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i got 1 kicker cvr 12" and a 600 watt amp to go with and in the ported box that i have "i bult 6 boxes before i got this design" i can knock my review off my windshield and honestly thats all i need ... i got a nice jvc headunit plays everything and even has hook ups for my ipod nano and i bought the shaved door handle kit off of a buddy that never got around to putting them in so i got everything including the safety cables for $110 so yea :) i apreaciate the input keep it coming ... karma avail :)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
prob3r said:
i bought the shaved door handle kit off of a buddy that never got around to putting them in so i got everything including the safety cables for $110 so yea :) i apreaciate the input keep it coming ... karma avail :)
damn, I paid that much, and I didn't get t he emergency cables :(

I still say headliner... trust me! It's easy, but it's broing to do, and time consuming, but worth it in the end IMHO!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
So? Here, i'lll throw up a pic of mine... I just redid the moon roof also, I don't have a pic of it, but here is what I did with mine. I got it from a write-up in the 2nd gen forums from stealth. I believe the name on the thread is stealth mode though.
As llong as you take your time, and i can't stress that enough cuttting the sinroof/moonroof out, especially around the edges, it will look good!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thats sexy but i was gonna use my friends 300zx headlights ... i was gonna cut them down cause he has 2 broken headlights from where he hit a deer and he got new ones only thing that was hurt was the glass broke so hes giving them to me cause he has no use for them...

but what about hid ... 2 bright with those projectors ? info stealth is the light expert lol

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
stealth know nothing about headlights! he's only made like 5 sets, i mean who hasn't fabricated 5 sets of projectors almost entirley from scratch? j/k you've got a lot of good suggestions, i say do whatever you think is right, and most importantly, let us know when you decide!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know i love opinions from others ... helps me think outside the box... i mean honestly i have my own ideas but i still love the ideas of others ... sometimes i take an idea of mine and put it with anothers idea and i come out with something even better than i imagined... so i love sugestions keep em coming :)
oh btw stealth make me a pair of headlights to mount to my flippers :D i like my flip up headlights but i hate how much they suck lol ...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts