Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my timing belt soon on my '94 626 2.5 V-6(100,000 miles...it's about time!)

Should I get one from the dealer and take it up the ass, or are there any recommendations for aftermarket?

Not really into scrounging junk yards. I'd rather go to Nappa!

Any online sites that may be good too?

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I just had mine done and it the cost of the pump itself is 70 bucks from AutoZone. if you go to mazda they will order or give you a redisnged pump because with a new pulley on it. they are made better they say.

Call the Mazda place and ask them what they can get one for i thinks it around 90-100 bucks for the pump. ask them about the new pully you will need. i kow you need a pulley because when i got mine from AutoZone they didnot send the pulley with it since you supposed to use the old one but it does not work with the "new" pumps.
just call the mazda place!!!! ask them about it! tell them you know about the new pumps and you want the pump and the pulley.

Get the water pump and timing belt and the other two belts changed out while they have that apart.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Superfly!

I had no idea about the re-design.

I appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
The Napa around here wants around $70 for a new (not rebuilt) pump. I'd stay away from rebuilt pumps if you plan on keeping the car a while.

Tyson

1 - 4 of 4 Posts