Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the best exaust setup for that deep V8 sound? I watched a video of a mx6 that sounds like a mustang. I think he was using Borla exaust. Which one works best for the deep sound?

·
Registered
581 Posts
i gave up on sound.... you want performance you won t get no mustang sound.. hell i don t think there anything period. on a mx6 that will net you anything close to are tank sounding cars..

best thing to do is build your car up.. crank the boost and thats what makes me happy... turbo's spooliing and the bypass valve..blowing.. :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
whoopss.. just noticed you have a second gen.. get a borla and test pipe.. sounds mean!!

not exactly mustang but close.. kinda? maybe? :D

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i think what he means not a nessesary V8 sound, but that deep burble that they make. with the V6 its easy........ and possible with a I4.

big bore exhausts are generally give the deepness, but are loud and can cost you power(NA), nice oval Muffler will add some deepness too. the burble is going to have to come from the bends that are in your system, generaly the straighter the exhaust the more 'screamy' it will be.

even with my NA F2 no muffler just a 45-60 degree bent dump pipe(where muffler was supposed to be) i got asked many times if i have a V8 or angry V6 in there :rolleyes:. granted the thing sounded like a big engined tractor at sertain RPMs and loads, but id did had the burble...... no deepness though, stock 2-2 1/4" crash bent piping didn't give it ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts