Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best set of headers for an MX 6 4 cyl?

·
Registered
219 Posts
HEADERS

There are only two That I know of The pasesetter and the Brullen. I belive the brullen is much better than the pasesetter. Better material and better welds.My brother had a pasesetter on his tercel and boy the welds sucked it needed to be welded over.It had to many leaks. I hear alot of people on probetalk and mx6.com say that the brullen is good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
BROSPEED

to clear up any confusion the 4 cyl. do not have a "set of headers" they have a HEADER. and the only brands that i know of that make them for our cars are brospeed ( bosal) which i have and am very satisfied with, pacesetter , which have proven to have decent hp gains but are of poor quality, and hotshot which are not out yet that i know of but are in the line of production. someone correct me if i am wrong. HTH

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Pacesetters

I've got the pacesetter headers on my V6. They gave a nice performance boost but they rusted in about 2 weeks. They haven't cracked yet though. I put them in myself ( might as well, I was changing the clutch, cat, and cat-back anyway myself ) and they were a pain going in. Not perfectly in line and all that but i finally got them in. If you want the performance you should get the pacesetters and have them powdercoated or something before you put them in. Anyway, good luck.
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts