Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my 6 and all it has right now is a K&N (totaly not enough). I was thinking of replacing my ignition system, but I'm not sure if that's the best thing to start with.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ignition system change wont really gain you much hp
by the way, is the k&n a cone or a drop-in
if it is a cone attached to your VAF, you are just sucking in HOT air and LOSING hp

get a CAI, headers, phenoilic insulators, UDP, etc
cat-back is fine, just not much hp per $$

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Turbo Charger all the way, the more i read about them the more i like them.

you will gain something like lets say 70HP with the right set up and lets say only 15-25 with the ZE. but again its comes down to $$$. i know that. but $1500 you are a good way to a nice set up of FI.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey superfly, where are you finding FI for $1500 bucks? that sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hands down, NOS is your best HP per dollar. I rest my case.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
davewmartin said:
hey superfly, where are you finding FI for $1500 bucks? that sounds like a good deal.
NEVER said you can get the Fi for $1500 just said that that money would get you going on your rebuilt engine.

·
Registered
182 Posts
ok. thanks for the clairity. i thought it sounded too good to be true.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Yea, you can expect to pay from about 3500 to what ever for good F/I setup. No matter if you TC of SC it, it's gonna get expensive anyway. Best HP's though.
Mici

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
well NOS is aight for the time being. but once you get enough of only having the HP once in a while you will want more. thus just go FI. so you have the HP al the time. IMO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts