Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 way and 3 way speakers? obviously 3 way is better since it cost more, but what actually is the difference and is it worth it to get the 3 way?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a three way component speaker comes with a woofer, a midrange, and a tweeter. a two way comes with just the woofer and the tweeter. i could be wrong, somebody correct me if i am, but i'm pretty sure thats the difference.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts
Thats the right way hehe

This way or that way, 3 way is not necessarily better than 2 way speaker. The point is that 3 way speaker has 3 different elements or cones, 1 for bass, 1 for midrange and 1 for treble. 2 way; 1 for bass, 1 for treble. I'd say that better quality 2 way speaker beats that not maybe so good 3 way. Don't trust on anything, until you can hear them. That is the best way to buy any audio equipment. Let your ears decide on what you buy!
Mici

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Thats the right way hehe

i would go with 2 way they are less expensive and they sound just fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Thats the right way hehe

There are some AWESOME and inexpensive 3-way's made by Pioneer for Mazda and Ford. I have some and they are pretty darn good for being about $50 US bucks for a speaker. I think they take peak wattage to 180, but these are best with a sub because the high's sometimes drown out the lows, if you haven't set your EQ to make up for the incredibly clear highs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year is your mazda? The 93+ models have a dash tweeter.
this eleminates the need for a 3 way. You still have to pay for the new tweets though. If you want to stay low though there is nothing wrong with 2 way. Just listen befor you buy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts