Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jezz...this kills me to write this, but I'm so lost right now, I have no idea what to do. I feel like the worlds biggest ****head. I don't think, it's possible to make me feel any worse then this rite now. I havn't cried in years, and I never tought of any scenario would I could possibly cry, but tonite I broke down.

For the past 2-3 years, I've been saving up, working, talking about how much I wanted my 2nd gen MX6, Silver manual.

I finanly get it, and BAM! 2 days later, I write it off.

Alot of people say Im lucky, considering how I came out, with just a bruise and some scratches, alot of blood, but really after cleaning up everything it looks like scratches. I flip the car, so ya know, and the I manage to escape tru the back window.

Basically, as I was coming back from my friends place, in like country area, I wanted to see what my 6 could do, and its' fairly hilly but mostly straight not much turning. Anyways, I hit the big striagh with alot of hills, i get her up to 200, then 210, 220, and then I see another car, so I hit the breaks as im coming down hill, the car completely looses controll, swerving into all lanes, and eventually, it was either, I hit the oncoming car, or I head into the tree. I choose tree's, and the car flipped and smashed into a whole bunch of trees. The car is a compelte rite off. I unbuckled myself as soon as I could and jumped out of the car, and ran. The oncoming car, had pulled over to see how I was, and called the fire brigade, as the engine, caught on fire a bit.

Next thing I knew, there was an ambulance, and poilice and fire brigade everwhere. It was like in one of those comercials, except I was the COMPLETE idiot. Words can not explain how bad I feel. As soon as I got out of the car, I wished I could crawl back in, and never come out. I can't believe whats happened. When we got into the hospital, my family was there, and thats when I broke down into tears (and believe me, I never break into tears), I don't know how to explain the feeling, but I seriously wish I could crawl into the BIGGEST tunnel and never ever come out.

When the police asked for a statement, some people told me to say a roo poped out, and that I swerved to doge it, but coming down the hill, i lost controll, and kept swerving into the trees. I'm horrified at the thought of loosing my licens, even though, I know I deserve it. In retrospect, I don't deserve ****, I know this. I've been an ignorant fool, and nothing I say or do, could trully ever make this rite. They asked how fast I was going, and I said, 110-120, but im going to guess they're going to look at the skid marks, and in about 3 secounds click and say, NUP, he was doing 180.

To make matters worse, I had the car insured under my dads name, for about 2 days, with FAI Allianz. I had to say, that I purchased the car, for more then what I actually paid for it, because for some ****ED reason, they think market value for a 95 6, is $25,000, and they will refuse insurance, unless you pay 75% of the market value of the car. Plus, Dad was listed as the only driver, so they are going to want some sort of proof, that I was just a causal driver or something.

Oh and i still hadn't even got the transfer of rego completed, I was called into work today, and never got around to completeing the transfer.

I don't know where to turn, or what to do. I still havn't told a single friend, and I don't know how, I can explain this to anyone. I though I knew what depression was like, but this is the pitts. I just wish I could crawl in a tunnel now, and never come out. I know, this sounds wrong, but I wish, I died in the accident.

I don't know what you guys can say to help me, but I have nothing else left.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I know it's going to sound trite and it's the biggest cliche in the world, but you are damn lucky you weren't killed.

I can only imagine how bad you feel, but things will look better in time. You've got a long life ahead of you and there are going to be many more opportunities to get another 6.

Again - a cliche, but use the experience as a life lesson, and rely on your friends and family for support. I know how much it must hurt, but it would have hurt all your loved ones so much more if you hadn't survived.

Take care - a friend in the USA will be thinking of you.

Eric

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
1 less danger on the road for a bit at least. Glad you didn't get killed or mamed, but I'm more happy that your d!ckhead actions didn't kill anyone else. Quit with the self pity. No one inflicted the accident upon you, it was the (somewhat expected) result of your own decissions. Except it, learn from it and move on. I wouldn't wish the whole accident/money/insurance thing on anyone mate, but it's at your feet now and you put it there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I for one sympathise with you satan (Sympathy for the devil? LOL) Crusty, everyone messes up once in a while. From what I can tell, Satan has learnt his lesson - just because it was a stupid thing to do doesn't mean we need to make him feel worse by flaming him... Just my 2c...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
while i was reading satans post, i knew even before scrolling down that somebody would post a reply like your's crusty.. and i have to say that its probably the worst thing you could have said.

im not saying that you cant think it, but theres no need to express it somewhere that satan would read it. as its been said, we all make mistakes. everybody on this board loves cars, especially their own. this guy just lost his, one he saved up for years, and only just came out of a near death experience. atleast have the respect to not flame him, yet.

i get angry at people who endanger other's lives, but hell, i do it too sometimes..

satan, cars come and go. its not the end of the world. i hope that insurance sorts it all out and at the end of the day you decide to buy another '6..

·
Registered
652 Posts
It's always harsh having to deal with the consequences of our actions, and not all of us are equipped to face it immediately. You're very VERY lucky that the lesson is not being bought at a higher price.

Just be aware that you're not alone in this one - Everyone has a "****head moment" at least once in his or her life (myself included), where they do something they are ashamed of. What is a true measure of a person is if they are a ****head twice!

How you now deal with the results, and whether you actually learn from the experience, is what's important now.

Be patient with yourself - give yourself a little time to feel bad about it (it's completely normal to want to crawl into a corner and die.. especially after you go through a trauma like that), but try not to focus on faults too much in the long term. Beating yourself up can't help ultimately, because it won't change the fact that it's happened.

The best course of action I find with anything like this is to face it, accept that it's happened and get on with the process of cleaning up the mess. Take strength from the situation by owning up to it, and show the part of you that wants to hide that you can deal with it, because you actually can.

Remember your family are probably just as scared and confused as you are, especially your mum. If I were in your shoes, I would spend as much time talking and crying with her as I needed (but then again, I'm not a guy). You can tell her anything, and honestly - she won't think any less of you.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I for one have given my car a bootful many times over the years...but only after learning mine and the car's limits over time.

Satan,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, it's great that you were able to walk away and learn from it. Doing over 200kmh in a car you've owned for two days is not the most intelligent thing you could of done. Take the time to learn the car next time before trying to drive it so hard.

Good luck with your next car...hope you recover fine, and get the car paid for.

Pete

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you guys think I'll be without a licence for 3-6months, and insurance, won't pay a cent?

All I really wanted to do, was cruise this summer to the beach, with friends, girls and just have fun.

Now it's all gone. 6months is such a long long time! What am I spose to do now? To fill the time? I havn't told a single friend yet, I have no idea how to tell them?
They won't ever trust me again, or drive with me again.

I don't know, I feel so low, soooo low, it doesn't make a lick of difference, how I feel though. The cops and insurance, are going to be cold, and I deserve it all. I would do anything in the world to take back last nite. ANYTHING.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Satan, I didn't mean to sound too harsh, I didn't express the way I thought very well. We have all made mistakes in the past &, I'm sure, we will in the future. I worry every time my wife takes to the road with my baby boy, that someone driving dangerously will hurt them. That car you might have hit head on may have had someone elses wife & child in it. That's why I don't sympathise very well.
I suppose what I mean is, you can't change what happened now, it's too late to prevent your accident, looking back you know you screwed up, but you can come away from this experience with some positives. Just be more careful next time, noone here want any of us to get messed up in an accident.
I hope you can sort through the mess and look to the future.

Jim.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
geez crusty. have a heart man. i wonder if this happeneed to one of ur mates, would u tell them "oh it was all ur own doing so dont complain and take it"...????

cause if u did, i would say u dont have many friends MATE!!!

p.s. Satan, everything happens for a reason mate!!!! if u didnt hit that tree, u may have hit the car and lost ur life. may jesus be with you satan(eh?). and who knows, the car may have been ready to catch fire 10km down the road. Everything happens for a reason mate. take care of yourself mate and all the best.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dude,

All I can say is be grateful for the simple fact that you are still alive.

Yeh, you're out of pocket, you may lose you license, but let me ask you something.

What's worth more? A car or your life?

This coming from a dude that used to live on anti-depressants, I can answer that for you.

Your life. Hands down. Cars are our passion, but what good is having cars if you're not alive to drive em?

You're alive, relatively unharmed. Yes you suffered a beating, you sound down, but bro, the simple fact that you're sitting at that computer right now, typing away is proof that you came out on top. You could've easily been in a coffin.

Take this as a lesson. Never drive a car until you have sorted insurance, drive responsibly and never underestimate the roads, conditions, and remember, overconfidence can be a bad thing etc...

I lost my car, albeit in much easier and less painful circumstances than yours, and trust me, if you put your head to it, you'd be surprised at how resourceful you can become. Trains and trams etc... become your best friend when it gets to getting places. I still get to the beach, I have mates that can drive me around, I can take my parents' cars etc...

As for your friends, yeh they may give you the ****s about it, but if they are real friends, they'll get over that and provide you with that support and friendship that you need at the moment to get through this, and they will cart you around if they care.

You can always start over again, although it'll be hard, very hard, this time when you get it, you'll think of, I won't do that again, and you'll appreciate it more and hopefully be wiser from the experience and know that there are certain things you can do on a road, and certain things you need to leave for controlled environments (ie track etc...)

I know I'm rambling, but hopefully some of this might get you to think from a different perspective and cheer you up a tad. Hold your head up dude. There may be a bit of **** headed your way with coppers and insurance, but you'll pull through.

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Gee what can I say,
nothing much as I'm doing similar act and proberly alot more then most people and with more cars.

Your lucky to be alive, is so true. I've seen country victorian roads and the amount of trees in perfect position.

Shows how well built your car is.
In most cases "loss of control of virchle" in most states is Neg driving and sometimes they will give you a speeding penalty as well but mostly top range Neg driving. A friend lost it in the Wet in a EL Wagon but mainly due to rain and the car having a bold tyre. He only go "neg driving causing an incident" His father got fined for virchle in disrepair.

I can't say you shouldn't speed after all I was in a car racing 2 others at over 180km/h in werstern Sydney on the weekend.
I was only 16 in a car doing 220km/h, and tellign the driver to do what he likes "yeah no brains"
Add to it I was getting my mate driving my 6 telling him to race turbo accents. We have all made mistakes, it's about being human.
YOU KNOW YOUR A REAL IDIOT IF YOU DO THE SAME MISTAKE TWICE
As Zako said you find other trnasports. After all I lsot my licnece for 6 months still got to TAFE, frineds places, Coffee, one night stands ( hard to go from then get too)
your licnece is gone but enjoy the time, I did

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was in a simmilar situation SaTaN not so long ago. I wasn't doing anything stupid, I just made a poor decission due to lack of concentration. I ended up getting hit by a car head on that was doing 70kmh. Both cars written off, I walked away with minor injuries and so did the other person.

I can't explain how bad I felt that day and for the weeks coming. Just after the accident I got out of the car to go see the other driver was ok and as I got closer she started abusing me and was a big mess emotionaly. I was brave untill my parents arrived at the accident and then, well I didn't have to be brave anymore.

The thing that really helped though was when I was giving my statement to the copper and at the end he said. "Well mate in my books any accident you can walk away from is a good one".

My accident has made me a better driver, to the point now where I am almost over cautios. When going through green lights I check to see whos pulling up at the red's because I know it's all to easy to not be attentive to whats going on and for someone else to make a mistake like I did.

Thankfully it sound's like it was only your pride that was damaged. Take things slow, especially when you drive a vehicle next... emotional damage can go deeper than you can see.

Best wishes bro
Take care

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Sucks to hear about your crash man, mine could have been the same...I did 210 in mine a few months ago, luckily nothing happened, and I have pulled my horns in since then. Makes me feel a lot better about the safety features of the MX6 if you could roll it at 180 and walk away!
Hopefully insurance comes through and you can put the whole mess behind you. Good on you for steering away from the other driver!

·
Registered
793 Posts
well i think we can all say that could have been us, your young, things are never as bad as they seem, i guarantee things wont look as bad in a months time or even a week.
find something to look foreward too & concentrate on that!

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
grumtax said:
well i think we can all say that could have been us, your young, things are never as bad as they seem, i guarantee things wont look as bad in a months time or even a week.
find something to look foreward too & concentrate on that!
Mate I agree .. you are going to look back and have a chuckle, and count your lucky stars in years to come.. as long as no one else was hurt . then just move on. . And if you do loose your license so what I’m sure even you think you deserve some sort of punishment.. And mate it is not a long time it will go by in a flash.. give you more time to save up for your next car…
I say, well done .. and don’t do it again as you did it so well the first time..
Keep smiling dood .. it is only a car at the end of the day, and a cheep one at that.. . . .. now every one get down to that wreakers and pull all the good bits out..lol

·
Registered
388 Posts
hmmmm so many places i could go.....

firstly, to those who say stuff to someone who "flames" him, build a bridge and get ova it.

Satan, that can and will happen with u also. Speaking from experience, you did the deed, u'll do the time. I'll neva forget about my crashing my motorbike in Sydney on the way back to Canberra.... I didn't know the roads but still neva stopped me speeding, thus causing me to end up hitting a round-a-bout just ova the crest of a hill and me lying my stomache against a tree like i just had my hands and feet tied together round it. yeah i was lucky to get outta it with justa small fracture to the end of my left thumb, but not once did i bitch about how foolish i was and all, i saved for a bike (excessories) and crashed it, all through my own fault. You will live and learn from it, but don't sit there and think every person will give u sympathy because harsh reality of this world is, not many really do in the whole scheme of things and u need to learn to deal with it. I know I did.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yeah man

Chin up. People f*ck things up all the time and I'm no exception.

My life crushing thing at the moment is that I had saved a sh*t load of money a few years back and was going to use it to pursue my life ambition of becoming a commercial pilot... whilst saving I was making a little money on the ASX.. and a little more. I thought I had the gift and thought this was all too easy. So I borrowed a good bit... and then things started to go wrong. After nearly two years I had lost a fortune.

So now I'm back at square one saving again (when I'm not spending on the car). It sucks cause I feel so stupid about it all.

When you swerved to avoid hitting the oncomming car you made the right choice. You can be proud of that decision that you made and you have learned some good lessons for going forward, which could be worth who knows how much in future years? You've lost a nice looking hunk of metal and some cash. You can get that again. Dont beat up about it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts