Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was following what looked to be a 626wagon,, but capella badges and 2.00 supercharger badge. what are these.. I thought capella's were piston powered RX2's

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Japan (and some other countries?) recieved 626s as Capellas..

I believe that the mx6 was a capella c2 (being c squared).. i have a capella badge on my 1st gen (minus the c2)

the supercharged wagon is deisel if im not mistaken, and also came in 4wd??

i believe blind_freddie is probably the best person to ask about these.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
It's the most comon of all the Wagons as imports and front cuts.

It's Deisel 2L Sine wave supercharged motor driving either the stock 4speed (different ratios) manual or 4WD system.
Foudn alot of 5speeds
BF have more info, on them
You had your Capella version and I think a Cargo version (just a name?) I haven't found a 7 seat version yet, like sold here in Aus.

They used almost the same intercooler as the Mx-6/626 turbo's but it's different again fits the same but still much different.
About of 7 nose cuts sitting in the wreakers up my street (might add I think they have some KLZE?- going to check soon) Most of the nose cuts have the 91(japan) on ward grill on them but won't seperate
Capella is the name used for the 626 in Japan.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
7 Seater Diesel Wagon at the local wreckers its there run around car :)

But from a normal aus spec 626 and a Capella there is no differnce except the badges and options...eg sun roof etc :)

I have seen a Capella 1986 Model that had GD lights i think..but GC shape body.. Model was TC instead of GC like my own.. it also had the 2lt Magnum motor sohc 8v :)

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
The car in question would be a Capella Cargo, the are quite a few of them on the road in Brisbane. Its a GV wagon with the supercharged diesel and 4wd running gear, They sit a tad higher than the Aus wagon

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
does anybody know anything about the actual engine?

is it based on the F series? same mounts? power output?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
there are two versions of capellas (GVs) one is CARGO and another is WAGON.

Wagons were basic RF of F6/F8 nothing really special interms of interior or exterior. did come AWD though.

Cargos were much more fun. had ether F8/FE docs, and RF was avalible in ether Pressure Wave Intercooled Supercharger (as rod said cooling system is very similar but different in many key places) or intercooled turbo with VF23 i think (if someone REALLY interected ill chase up exect turbo name). thise babies were avalible in number of models (including Cruise RV). Later models had R2 Turbo Disiel (carried over to GF/GW range). also availible in AWD platform and top of the line Sallon SGs (and some Cruise RVs) were AWD 4WS.

Brad, the engine is similar, but its angled. from what i've seen the thing should fit....... 6K redline Disiel turbo/super doesn't sounds to bad :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts