Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gday all,
ive got a cracked pipe and im not too sure what the pipe is. i think its the throttle body but id appreciate some help. pics attached.

thanks all
BennyT

BTW why does this bit say APEXI while others are different? does this mean that it is aftermarket or is it only the cover?

·
Registered
237 Posts
edit -part of throttle body sounds more like it.

As for the apexi thing, not sure? Looks like maybe its got new cover or new injectors?

edit 2 - damn you beat me to it ttx5 :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
That is the throttle body boot - don't faint when you find out how much they are - I paid about 160 for mine :( I'm tipping the Apexi is only a sticker, not a different plenum, too...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
that is a cracked throttle body boot.

i believe mazda charges $150 for a new one.

some people have used a roll of sticky tape as a temporary fix.

personally i dont have it anymore, instead i use a 4" silicone hose connector.

im just going to guess that the apexi sticker was stuck on there.. but if thats really an apexi throttle body *shock*!!.. looks good though.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont know if its just the cover for the injectors or not but it is definitely NOT a sticker. the whole bit is metal (prbly aluminium).

XsKaPe - does the silicon hose you installed work fine? how much was it? i dont really want to pay $150 for a damn hose. does it need to be made of some special material or can i use any hose?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
well that does not look like just a sticker, the entire thing is too clean.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
im not sure if you will be able to use silicone.. i have steel piping on there now.. so if my "tb boot" ever cracked, all i need to do is go and buy 10cm of 4" silicone tubing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
As if apex intergration would make a inlet plenum for the f2! come on guys, stop dreaming, it looks stock even has the same bracket mounts and that little plug at the drivers end. Its just a stencil or aluminium sticker. If someone can prove me wrong ill eat my old cracked cv boot!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
do u have a digital video camera? cause i would like to see u eating ur old cracked cv boot. :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
The plemum looks like someone took the time to take it off, sand/grind it back a little polish it lightly and put a sick sticker on it. Sure looks good though:D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
yeah would look pretty funny! But i still dont believe that apex i would make an off the shelf part for the f2 engine. But I am open minded, if someone can PROVE me wrong then ill eat humble pie. PROOF would be something like a part number STAMPED into the plenum or something similar.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
first Apexi from last tiem I checked have nothing fro the F2 and F2T but do have stuff for FE DOHC- exhaust manifold I think it was.

That's just a stock manifold which has been acid dipped or at least given soem type of chemical cleand and possibly polish.
Owner has added a Apexi sticker. I have seen it before

I've seen factory turbo's with the F2's N/A sticker of 2.2l Fuel injection on the factory plenum as well.

The factory sticker has been hard to get from mazda.

I will say it smooth

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its not a sticker unless its one hell of a thin sticker cos i tried to scratch it off just to see if it was a sticker and i couldnt get anything off. im not saying that it is a proper Apexi but the guy must have painted it on then

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
it was a sticker 90% of these stickers or decals are stickey to being with. But especially on a intake manifold it would be almost permently placed on a you can't remove it.

friend placed a HKS sticker on cam cover on his Mr2 you can't remove it no more with out soem serious damage and that is like only 2 months old. Baked on it is.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Baked on it is
rod, i sware the more i read ur posts, the more i think of u as yoda(starwars).

Going to the dark side..... you are.
Baked on..... it is.

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts