Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only progress thus far was I made a harness from the PNP to the quad spark, and a harness from the quad spark to the coil pack. All GM weatherpack connectors and expandable sleeving/soldered and heat shrinked.
Also made a new intake elbow with a IAT bung in it, and a coil pack mount
That was fun.

Otherwise is either to cold or wont stop snowing here so I haven't seen a reason to do anything on the car yet.

Ill do the base tuning myself, might bring it to a dyno to dial it in if I think it could be better. For the most part, Ill be happy just to drive it again!

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Update... Got everything installed, all that's left now is to plug I the laptop and see what happens. Oh and get the car away from the wall.. waiting on some wheel dolly's for that.. using a jack last fall was risky.

could get back all the time & money I WASTED on this car, I could have 2 mint turbo mx6's. Oh well, one will do.

With nice weather finally here.. I figured it was time let the light in and play

DIY autotune Coil pack, mounted to a Disty base, Had to crimp on HEI ends and boots on the MSD spark plug wires. Rerouted the Fuel Lines and FPR, added a Inline Fuel Filter, Added a new Elbow to the intake

Diyauto tune Coil driver all sealed with Delphi weather pack connectors

Tucks in very nicely. I like this!

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just keeps getting better and better.. More money spent.

I found out tunerstudio needs Java to work, My old computer I use for MS had outdated Java and running windows XP, it doesn't even have a Ethernet plug in, so I buy one of those.. after Hours of trying to get this crap installed I find out Windows XP is now obsolete, nothing is made to use it anymore

Had to use a new computer, Then bought the tunerstudio program cause I need the features.. and a new connector cable.

That's what im waiting on..

I think im going to make a thread for learning experience on this car.. lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you still got that black mx6? And nice progress on the turbo kl!

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
Looks good! Need a night shot. She runs but does she drive yet? Glad to see you're still at it.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
i love everything but the LED strips... the jspecs are still beautiful to me as they came OEM 10 years ago :)

ive been toying with the idea of boosting my daily m edition... like you said the stupid car is in my blood....

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The led strips I'm iffy about yet..from standing view you can't see them, just glowing headlight, nealing (the pics) they are a bit intense. They are on a switch though.

If you boost it, IMO go right for the pnpms first. This is by far the best this car has ever ran, fastest its been and its not even tuned yet.

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its all fun from here ;)

Went for an afternoon cruise today, gas'd it up and turned the EBC to what I thought was 7psi.. Floored it and man did it feel impressive.. All until the fuel cut kicked in, at first I thought I blew it up! I forgot I have the overboost protection on, I guess its set to 7psi :S.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts