Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a question...
Since i dun no too much bout cars i need your help..
I am looking at a car..
120km on KLZE engine..
but 360 on the body...now he says the tranny has been rebuilt, brospeed headers, crossdrilled slotted rotors etc. and the tie rods have been replaced and also power steering...and he says he has recipts... What you guys think will it break on me soon or is it a good buy...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
There are never too many km's as long as everything is in good working condition. Just as a rule of thumb, make sure everything is operating as it is supposed to. If he claims KLZE, compression check it and make sure. Have him provide receipts for everything. You should be able to see if it has headers/rotors on it.

All in all, it sounds like it was a well maintained car from the little information you gave. I would say go for it. Check for rust as it is prominate there.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what he wrote back in e-mail:

Hey man,

Here is a list of parts that were replaced when the engine was replace:

JDM Engine
Brospeed ceramic coated headers
Vibrant Exhaust
Transmission
Motor mounts
Timing belt

All this stuff above cost me $6000.

Some parts that have been replaced since then:

Rear rotors, calipers, pads (cost me about $800)
Front tie rod ends/bushings (about $700)
Mid-pipe from cat to exhaust muffler ($150)
All four tires w/ Pirelli ($800)

Not to mention I do oil changes every 5000kms. I have all the reciepts to proove it as well. As far as the cars durability is concerned, I've spent a lot of cash keeping this car in good shape. You shouldn't have much trouble maintaining it since I've already replaced most of the major components.

Hope this helps!

----------
he also has sub and amp and it's a 94 tan leather ...but the only really bad part is that it won't pass e-test because he says it has no egr valve...but for 2400 i think it might be worth it.

Hope this is enough info for you now

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
for 2400, just the parts alone would give you the value for the car. You're right, it won't pass the emissions test due to no EGR. Make sure that's needed in your area...or you may just have to find a mechanic to pass you ;).

Overall, it sounds like an excellent deal. I paid 2300 USD for mine with 108k miles on it....but no mods. Hope that helps in giving you a comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts