Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this morning i get out to my car and start it up and let it warm up.
When i start driving i realize that my clutch has absolutley no pressure behind it at all.
As soon as i put any weight on it, it drops to the floor.
At the very last second of it dropping i can feel it engage somewhat and i am able to shift gears with great difficulty.
Any idea what this problem is? Is there like a hydraulic line that is causing the problem? This is my first mtx so i dont know a single thing about them!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds to me like your slave cylinder may be leaking. I had that happen to me a couple of years ago. Pretty easy fix if that is what it turns out to be. It could also be the master cylinder, or maybe somehow there is just some air in the system. Try pumping the clutch pedal several times quickly and see if you get some pressure back, that may help you drive it until you get it fixed. Check the fluid level while you are at it.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure it just leaked all the fluid out. Try putting more fluid in the resavoir, then have someone pump the pedal to look for leaks. Probably is in the Slave Cylinder.

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey, I have a similar problem. Except when its cold or cool outside, the clutch releases REALLY REALLY slowly. Especially when I drive hard and shift fast, sometimes I can just pop the clutch and it will just SLIP for a VERY long time... its really pissing me off that its so sluggish!! The pedal also engages a little too high. its not the clutch disc, it was changed not too long ago. and the master cyl is full of fluid. i'm thinking maybe I should flush the system and replace all the o-rngs.

tell me what u guys think. thanks!!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
mazda-head: if the clutch is engaging really late, then that could be your clutch pedal free play is out of adjustment. How far can you push the clutch pedal down before feeling any resistance? If properly adjusted you should have between 5 and 13mm play.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow, I just checked mine, I have about an INCH & a half! I mean, it still resists to a degree, but the main resistance starts about an inch into the pedal. I took off the black cover and I saw a linkage there with an adjustment, but if I adjustit either way, the mazter cyl part will be sticking in or out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts