Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering how fast the 6 actually goes, in the aust spec the speedo goes up to 240km, but the top i've done was 200km, which was yesterday... if there wasn't a red little car coming my way in the beginning i probably could've hit 210-220, then again i had to brake pretty hard down to 100 for the corner coming up

i must say, i'm very impressed with the stablity and the rigidity of the car at 200km, but i'm not very keen on holding 5000rpm too much longer

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've gone an indicated 138MPH, there was still some room left on the tach, it could have done some more:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
My LX gets governed at 118. Only cuz the stock tires weren't rated for anything more than that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
ive hit 135 in my bare bones 90 GT (I love I-5)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Which Tuning Bits

Had my MX6 2.5 V6 for 6 years, done 42K miles [67.2K km] and I am now looking to tune it up a bit. It has an after market chip and a after market exhaust. I have saved £3.5K [UK] [$5K. US]for the job.

What would I be best off investing in. It has the brakes and suspension already sorted. My thinking was along a big valve head conversion with a suitable camshaft and a remapped chip for the fuel etc.

SNIP>> from a local but professional engine tuning company in my area.."Your budget would appear to be sufficient though. In fact if a big
valve head looks feasible with properly flow bench designed big valves then
you could be looking at a serious power gain. Your project is not dissimilar
to the V6, 5 valve per cylinder, quad cam 30 valve Audi engine I did last
year for a factory sponsored team. Special cam profiles and big valves in
flow bench developed cylinder heads .Power while still on the std cams was up from 190 to
255, the computer predicted target was 285 bhp in rally tune.""

Anyone who can offer any insights or experiences, then I would appreciate your input.

Replies to the forum or email me- [email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've done 135mph, might have gone a little faster, but I was ready to brake for a curve. Definitly 135mph though. Girlfriend said she felt like she was in a jet fighter - heh. Guess that's good. And it was smooth too, hugging the ground (hugging?). Not allowed to speed anymore with her in the car though :p .

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Take a look at this thread it has a few more top speeds on with proof. kinda
somthing different

·
Registered
194 Posts
sweet. we gotta get somebody with a turbo to take a pic too. I saw one a few months back on somebodies mx-6 site. had the speedo pegged all the way up.

·
Registered
371 Posts
clocked!

i have clocked my speedo to the 240kmh. i have the aust model mx6gt.though once i reached the 235-240 it was coming on the soft cut on the limiter so as content as i was i lifted throttle and wacked into neutral.i was almost convinced my doors were gonna be sucked off the car. he he!

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Thats why they call you the Moderator Genius thats the thread I was looking for to show first time. LOL :D

Cheers Rendell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts