Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a question for yall out there. I am looking at putting new wheels on my car. But I am in a bit of a dilima. Should I go 17's or 18's I found a really good deal on both sizes. I am concerned about how it will effect the ride as well a my capablities of lowering the car. Also are there any brand of springs that anyone recommends.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i would go with the 17inch not 18 and go with either yokohoma or nitto tires, also pireeli

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
princess may I ask why the 17's not 18's I just want to be sure of all the reasons

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have 17s with toyos and love them. It is only your preference in what you want because they both will work with sport springs. I would go with the 17s becuase the tires are quite a bit cheaper and have a slightly taller sidewall, which will help with the handling/ride. You can get just about any brand of tire for 17's and the price per tire ranges from 110-300 dollars. I personaly have H&R's on and I love them as long as I am not in town on certain streets, as it is a very harsh ride. I wouldn't even want to drive my car here if I had 18's and these springs. If you go with the 18's get different springs, but I love my set up. Not to say it is the best way to go, but it looks good, handles great, and was fairly cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts