Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 2001 626. I want to replace the stock steel wheels with 15" or 16" alloys. Factory 626 wheels would take the headache out of finding a proper fitting wheel. I was wondering if later Ford Probe or MX6 alloys were interchangeable with the 626 wheels? Is there any major difference in the offset or do MX6/Probe alloys have clearance problems?

·
Registered
185 Posts
probe/mx6/626 have the same offset and I heard talons and rx-7,and eclipses also. and there are even more but I cant find the thread on probetalk.

·
Registered
185 Posts
oh but i read with rz-7 wheels you need spacers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I purchased a used set of MX6 alloys. They're rather nice looking five spoke wheels. The size is 15 x 6.5. The fit great. No problems at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The DSM cars (Talon/Eclipse/Laser) wheels will work. Actually, I bought uses rims off a friends of mine which came off of a 3g Eclipse (2000+). I have also put the steelies off of my 94' 626 onto my 96' Talon TSi when I had a flat on the stocker rims.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
rims

*Question: Even though the bolt pattern may be interchangeable, does it matter if the center hub opening is of a different diameter ? Would this cause any problems ? Thanxs !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts