Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that is wanting to sell his Cobra Wheels. They are 17x8. I was curious about the bolt up? Does anyone know the difference on the bolt patterns? Well, thanks for the help.

Trevis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the bolt patterns on the mx-6 is 112.4x5. The offset is something like 35, but if it's anywhere close to that you should be fine. Find out the bolt patterns on these wheels.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
actually its 5x114.3. ford to ford...they should bolt up. go to his house and put one on your car. or make a cardboard template.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
hey its all good... at least i didnt make you feel too bad. ive been trying to get better at that :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great news, the wheels worked! I will have pics up in a few days. Basicaly what I did was took the center cap off, sanded the mustang horse off got them refinished. I don't know if I want chrome them or not. What are your opinions about this?

Trevis

·
Registered
488 Posts
Get hub centric centering rings on those rims immeadiately!!

I'va ha d aclub member with a Probe put them on his car without the rings and one of them vibrated itself loose enough that it came off of the car at 80 mph on the freeway. He was lucky in that hte tire got stick under teh fender and supported the car while he slowed down. you do not want to have this happen to you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Actually I would recommend it with any rim, but you run in to it more often when taking rims off the car they were made for and put them on a different car. Most wheel manufacturers or dealers will send the rims with the correct hub centric ring already in place to avoid this problem.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Night_Raven said:
Great news, the wheels worked! I will have pics up in a few days. Basicaly what I did was took the center cap off, sanded the mustang horse off got them refinished. I don't know if I want chrome them or not. What are your opinions about this?

Trevis
Chrome is all good but its considered an illegal substance. not sure why. maybe you can blow stuff up with it or something... theres only one place in NM that does it and its expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts