Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey quick question, is anybody running 225/45/17 or anything bigger? Im running those on a non lowered mx6 and i think im rubbing a lil bit. Does anyone else rub? Are those too big? Or am i just going crazy? Any info will help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I ran that size for four years with some rubbing on the rear passenger fender when loaded up or over larger bumps. My car is lowered. I wouldn't expect it to rub if not lowered unless your wheel offset is not right.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I run 245/45/17 on a lowered GT they rub a little on the outside edge, can't say on the MX6 but I might try it soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alrite. Thanks for the input. I bought stock evo 8 rims off someone and the tire size ended up being 235/45/17. They run fine and dont rub surprisingly but obviously with the tire size they stick out a lil but im ok wit that look. Wheels running fine for now. let you guys know if i start rubbing or anything else

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I run 245/45/17 on a lowered GT they rubbers a little on the outside edge, can't say on the MX6 but I might try it soon.
really?

i ran 235/45-17, 235/40-17, and 245/45-17 tires on my 17x8.5 wheels for years on my probe and i never had rubbing. that was with my old eibach/illumina setup.

as for my mx-6, i did get some rubbing with 225/45-17, with the exact same eibach/illumina setup. i'd like to say it was worn struts, because it did it with the 225/50-16 with the stock pgt swirlies i had on the car, so that was probably the main reason why i had the rubbing.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I am switching to Illumina's with the ebach coil overs because its mainly the VR4 Brake Setup making the fronts stick out.

It could also just be the offset difference with the Mustang Rims I am using being different from the ones used on my old Probe.

And i really hate this spell check dict. I downloaded how did me misspelling rubs turn into rubbers? WTF

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
ive got 225/45 on 17*7 +42 rims.

I've noticed I rub EVER so slightly on the inside rear...but I have 4WS. So only on full lock hard corners (ie not daily driving - motorsport)

bah just noticed this thread is old. Oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts