Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this issue through many changes of tires, control arms, tie rods etc. On smooth roads there is little to no vibration. On any other road, or when turning right on high speed curves, it is very noticeable. If anyone has a clue what it could be, or a solution to it, please post. It is the left front wheel.

·
Super Moderator
2,150 Posts
Jack the car up, and then push on the passenger wheel at 12 and 6 and the 3 and 9... I'd assume if there's no play in any direction the wheel is out of balance, but I'm suspecting play pushing in the 12 and 6 positions which would indicate a wheel bearing

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are new, and this problem has been around for years. It only vibrates right around 70 mph. The only odd noise I hear is sometimes when I apply the brakes, a sound comes best described as a crunching sound. Brake pads are new and the rotor is only a year old. I never hear a sound like that coming from the right front side. This is the only unusual noise the car makes. Other than this it runs like new. The 2 bolts that mount the brake caliper are tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts