Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't know if this should go here or in appearance. I'm not really interested in making my car pretty right now (it's doin all right on it's own) but I might be in need of new tires in the next 6 months-1 year and I'm wondering are a new set of wheels gonna help any performance-wise? or are they JUST for looks?

do certain designs help ventilation? are most lighter than stock wheels? is there any noticable (or should i say measurable) difference in acceleration between 16 and 17 inchers?

·
Registered
543 Posts
azl said:
don't know if this should go here or in appearance. I'm not really interested in making my car pretty right now (it's doin all right on it's own) but I might be in need of new tires in the next 6 months-1 year and I'm wondering are a new set of wheels gonna help any performance-wise? or are they JUST for looks?

do certain designs help ventilation? are most lighter than stock wheels? is there any noticable (or should i say measurable) difference in acceleration between 16 and 17 inchers?
unless you can get ahold of some rims that are lighter or the same weight as your stockers, than you definetly will loose power. If you really want to buy after maret rims, I would buy a used set of off a 3rd gen RX-7.

G

·
um, there will be NO difference in acceleration unless they're noticibly lighter, but you will find cornering better.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
MX-6 BOY jr said:
unless you can get ahold of some rims that are lighter or the same weight as your stockers, than you definetly will loose power.
check the rotational mass on the new wheels... thats the figure you want to look at, not overall weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts