Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 non-turbo MX-6 and i'm in the first phase of my project; i'going for a great paint job + wheels and tires first.

I already shoppep for tires and looked around a lot, but my question is this: " what's the biggest set of wheels i can put on my MX-6 whitout having problems with tires or wheels rubbing against anything, strutbars etc...?'' I don't want to have to change suspension parts or modifify body parts to fit them, for now at least. I just want to bolt them on and that's it.

I already know that 15 x 6 rims with 205/50/15 will fit fine and that 16 X 6 '93 probe Gt wheels will also fit but i think i'd really like some other 16 inches better... Also, i want to buy used wheels because my budget is restricted for now... I would even go for a set of clean grey steel rims, as long as they're 16 inches so i can put ultra high performance tires on it. But what will fit??

What's the biggest diameter and width of rims and tires i can put on it without causing rubbing problems?

Would 16 x 7 inches RX-7 turboII fit? I found a clean set for 200$. Do 215/50/15 also fit? Maybe a cool compromise... For the tires, i'll probably go for Avon ZZ-1 or Yokohama's A-520 summer tires. (yeah! i'm in eastern canada (Quebec) and there is about 5 months of snow here... So most people buy all-season or winter tires; i'm the exeption here, i guess...) By the way, is there any french speaking first gen. MX-6 enthousiasts?

Thanks in advance, i really need info on this because i don't want to have to buy 2000$ worth of brand new OZ wheels...

I would appreciate the help. Thank's!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have the same model car you do except i got the turbo. our mx6's can fit some beefy wheels w/o any problems. right now i have image 5 star wheels with 225/50/15's on there. people ask me if i have 17's and 18's all the time....guess its cus they are so damn wide. my understanding is that we cna fit up to a 235/35/18 fr and rr. so if you want 16's go with something like a 215/45/16's they should fit no prob.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
me again...got falken z's. go for a tire that you like. kumho tires are nice as hell but fairly expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.