Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great site, I just found it the other day and I already have great Ideas of what I can do to my car. Does anybody out there know where I can get good prices on Wheels, or Canadian web Sites that have prices. I am going to paint my car and get some new wheels this summer, but I want to shop around!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Where do you live in NS? We have a few good parts places in the Halifax area. I got my wheels at Dartmouth Surplus in Burnside Industrial Park. I have also ordered parts from Performance Experts in Halifax with good luck.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in New Glasgow, but I go to Halifax alot. Do these places have web sites or something? Are their prices decent?
I know of a real good place in Moncton (extreme motorsports) they are known for doing the best paint jobs in the maritimes. However their prices are preety high.

What have you put on your 6? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't know if these stores have websites. Their prices are decent for Canada. Dartmouth Surplus has a good selection of wheels and the prices are good depending on what size and finish you want.I have had good luck in dealing with Performance Experts,no problem ordering parts and their friendly,they also install. Also there is Halifax Autosport,but I find them expensive.I have a red 1993 MX-6 LS V6 5sp,16" ADR Advanti Racing Powers (7spokes)w/225-50-16's,f/r strut bars,custom intake and exhaust w/dual dtm tips,NGK plugs/wires,side marker lights(for that euro look),and tint.Soon to come a new Centerforce Stage 2 clutch,PRM intake and vinyl.Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much did you pay for your wheels? I think I want 17" wheels. Are you side marker lights functional or are they just a reflector?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got my wheels for $225 each. Sidemarkers are functional with the park lights only. A word of caution about selecting wheels- some of the newer style wheels take a special lug nut(tuner nuts) which means you can't use your factory lug nuts and have to shell out extra coin for new ones.Also price tires to because they can cost as much as the wheels each or more(Michelins) depending on the performance your looking for!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I thought of that. When I start shopping around I am going to inquire about packages with tires and Wheels. What did you pay for your tires? Who installed the side markers? What did it run you?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Got my tires for $110 each,but I hate them and can't wait till they wear out.You get what you pay for!Not going to go as wide next time either(205-215 max.).Side markers cost me $30/pair(clear w/orange bulbs)and I installed them myself in about 1 hour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts