Votes: 20 76.9%
  • Down

Votes: 6 23.1%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say if your at a light, you and another guy/girl are both reving your engines, do you have your windows up or down?

Does the time of day(day or night) affect it in anyway?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I sometimes think that when my sunroof is open, I would lose ground cuz of the areodynamic shit.. and the wind goin inside might slow it down. I don't think it can lead to that, but i just have a feelings that it could.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
My windows are always down, so that way they can see me as i wave bye to them when i pass 'em up :)

-meaty

·
Registered
352 Posts
Definitly try to put your windows up. Think of how a parachute works, then look at the back of our carsm or any car for that matter. The force of the air is an opposite force to your direction of travel, creating some major drag. Having the windows down signifgantly affects your performance.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Neither... I have them half down to see the nice tinting effect. The sunroof wide open is a MUST.

·
Registered
362 Posts
putting the ac on is like trying to race towing a trailer. windows up for minimum drag, sunroof won't make much difference at all, so leave it open to hear what's hapenning and keep yourself a little cooler, and switch off the ac and put up with it for the 10-20 seconds of race:D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Simple windows up sunroof closed, and ac off (use after race to cool off car/ u), and stero off so u can listen to their engiane. well thats what i do. and to show i won i flip the hazardes!! })

·
Smot-Poker
1,499 Posts
of course!

Windows up a must, the faster you go, the more drag it creates with the windows open.. If you want to win, windoes up, and AC is OFF! you loose emmense power with the AC on while dragging

Lates...:)
\

·
Registered
641 Posts
Gotta have the windows down with the stereo blasting and the sunroof open. If not they won't see me doing this @-

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
I don't know where you guys race, but at the track you can't have your windows down or your sunroof open. They won't let you run. On the street it's a different story.

Generally, you don't race for 1/4 mile on the street. You race until the person in front shuts down. In this situation, drag isn't really a factor. It's after 50 mph or so when you really shouldn't have anything open.

I always have my windows down when I'm at the strip and stuff. How else am I supposed to hear the ricers talkin' sh!t and the girls asking me to pull over? :cool: After the first v8 guy comes and invites me to some real races, though, my windows stay up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
zero cool said:
Gotta have the windows down with the stereo blasting and the sunroof open. If not they won't see me doing this @-
Excactly...this is a must! Cant race without it:D gotta roll with the windows down, moon roof open, and beats blastin'

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm the only one that likes windows half up and sunroof all the way back??? I also drive arounf w/ the windows up and sunroof open.. thats kinda cool too... I can still race most every honda W/ my A/C on and still win easily ;-) W/ my window down and sunroof open I raced a Honda that was sprayin' and still beat him!! LOL He had stickers that said "Infinite Speed" so I should have lost...

·
Registered
641 Posts
yeah that guy that i raced had type R badges, i was REALLY scared!!!!!!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hey now... back off the posers... I've seen fake Type R's pull on Justy's, Festiva's, and even Metro's!!!!!!! I can BARELY hang w/ them... time for da NAWZ!!! LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
The SCCA would require the windows to be down, and any glass sunroof (if ever there was one available for the MX-6) to be removed; an option would be to replace any sunroof with a metal panel. On a racetrack, I guess, it would be an advantage not to have a sunroof in the first place for the weight disadvantage.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts