Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any friggin headers avaliable for my 89 2.2L
non-turbo 4 cylinder MX-6???

I cant seem to find any and i just barley got this car and want to get some serious horses into it without tearing it apart.

I know they make them for a 89 ford probe 2.2L non turbo will this work for mine?

Is the cat back exhaust better then headers to a straight pipe with a tenzo typeR exhaust tip???

Please help!!! Im lost

·
Registered
134 Posts
Try checking Modern Performance...

Hey rage_ele,

I just visited ModernPerformance.com yesterday and they had PaceSetter Headders there for the 1st gen mx6s. You should checkout that website. Hope that helps ya.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Modern Performance

i tried to buy some springs from modern performance. i ordered them on dec 1 and by the 15 i had already made two phone calls and both times said they had sent them out. so when i called the third time they told me that they hadnt got them yet! and they wernt sure when they could get them. so i cancelled my order and got them cheaper from summit racing with free shipping... and i got them in 3 days.

they could have atleast been straight with me and i would have been happy, but they beat around the bush, they lost all my business and hopefully you could find them somewhere else other than modern performance. but then again they might treat you different.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hmm...that's odd, i bought a PS cat-back for my supra (before it died on me) from modern performance early last year and didn't have any problems with them....the thing arrived on time but it was UPS that screwed everything up, they had it in their warehouse for about 3 days after they received it from the vendor....i dunno, may it was all a matter of luck, but i've had bad experiences with a lot of online stores....got my tokico's a month and a half after ordering them from carparts.com....everytime i emailed them i got a generic response saying that they were looking into it...like i said, its usually just a matter of luck coz most of these online places are dealing with large shipments all over the country...

·
Registered
405 Posts
just the fact that i talked to them in person and they still lied to me is the point. not very reputable if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
hotshot used to have a beautiful set of 4-1 headers a while back. I got a set and then gave them up to a fellow in NY. I think the part# was 2051. Give em a call, you never know.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hmmm..checked out their website but they only have stuff for the 2nd gen v6....might need to give them a call to actually see if they stock the headers for our cars...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
do you know a # to hotshot or any other place you know to find them?

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
The story I got at the time was that one of the bay area probers had a friend at hotshot who made a one-off header for him. It went into limited production and of course(since no one knew/cared/was interested in honda only)that run came to an end. BTW since it was a short run, the headers never went through CARB certification, but if you dont tell, i'm not telling either.
When I got my set of headers the part# HAD already dissapeared from their website, BUT they did have some in their warehouse. Granted, it may be a long shot but "nothing ventured..." Who knows, they may still have the templates for the headers

Gavin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i mailed them to ask and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for your interest in Hotshot Performance. Actually, we still have
it in the line but don't produce it due to a lack of demand. The price is
still $375.00 + shipping they are ceramic coated and if you get me a min of
6 orders I'll put them in production for you guys as a group.

Thank you for your e-mail

Martha

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you going to post this in the bulk buy section?

Hey rage_ele u should post this in the bulk buy section and see what kind of response you get I'm pretty sure it would be a hit. If you do I'm in I've been looking for good headders for a while now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts