Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just trying to get a idea of where people have mountede the gauges ?

im in the process will thinking process of upgrading to some new gauges i can get thru a contact of mine, gauges are 2inch, thinking of getting a civic a pillar pod so thats 2 gauges up there ok but what about the rest ?

im thinking of getting the following
boost
oil pressure
oil temp
water (dont know if its nessacary yet.

pics would be great guys !

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I taped mine down on the dash,
hah

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Mine are in a pillar.... I have an AEM wideband and a boost gauge. Thinking of an oil pressure and an EGT. Just added safety.
Probably mount the EGT on my steering collom (if the turbo timer isnt too much) and the oil pressure next to my pillar on the dash.

·
Registered
527 Posts
mine are below the ashtray on the gear shifter console...then i have the pilar..total of 6 gauges...looks neat

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mustang 85-90 pillar. Slight mod to them and the fit fit real nice. I fucked up the first time so couldn't re-use the black pins so i stook metal screws, its still nice. Pics soon.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i've got my boost gauge underneath the stereo. it's attached on some backstrapping. looks get-toe for realz, but it does the job and if ever need be, I can adjust the way it's mounted very easily :)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
As much as I don't like to be "ricey" when I can avoid it.. in this case it seems like a pillar pod is about the only option for guages to be in functional view.

How can you look down to see how much boost you're running?

Side note, I've been looking for a gray tripple dash pod for my 1g PGT for a while now... all I can ever find is black or "cf". :( Anyone know where I can get one? Flat bottom and enclosed back (around the guages).

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
well..either looking down at the stereo or looking away at your A-Pillar...well that's the way i thought of it. PLUS, it keeps the thieves at bay from doing a smash-n-grab. Happened to my friends' Laser. He had 4 gauges and they ripped them out when they were on his A-pillar.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Good point on the theft angle. :tup: Even though I live in a city and park the 2g on the street as of lately, I haven't had this problem yet. It is somewhat hard to see them though through the 35% tint at night (sucks during the day) with the black interior.

I should be careful though with the new XD-1 guage in there.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
yeah...it all depends on where you live...BUT it can happen anytime, anyplace (not to jinx of course). I had my stereo stolen and $8 in quarters as well, from my Z car in the broad fookin daylight in my apartment complex. They even used a damn butterknife (it broke at the handle) to get my alpine out. I was surprised that they could get it out. It was braced to the firewall as well as the dash frame with thick ass back strapping...lol

·
Registered
440 Posts
this is my "setup":

cd player over the gauges, and DVD player under the gauges :) the 3 gauges will be oilpresure, voltmeter, the last one i`m not sure, but i got an air/fuel gauge laying araound, i think i`m going to use that untill i get the FE3 turbocharged next winter :)

1 - 20 of 111 Posts