Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, can someone please tell me where is the location for the O2 sensors on a 1993 MX6???? The orange light icon keeps coming on on the display. Do I need to replace it? Should I send in to a dealer to check it or I could settle it by myself? THanks!

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Look for a post by Mike94PGT. His page has all the info you need to pull the codes for a 93. Without pulling the codes, you never know if it's one of your O2 sensors or not.

Tyson
95 LS (for sale)

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
newbie said:
Hey guys, can someone please tell me where is the location for the O2 sensors on a 1993 MX6???? The orange light icon keeps coming on on the display. Do I need to replace it? Should I send in to a dealer to check it or I could settle it by myself? THanks!

You don't say and your profile doesn't indicate: is it a V6 or a 4-cyl?

If it's a V6, there are two O2 sensors, one each in each bank's exhaust downpipe. You can see the left (front) one by looking down between the engine and the radiator at the exhaust pipe; the bung with 4-wires hanging out of it is the O2 sensor. The rear bank has another one in a similar position.

Before replacing anything, read the codes out first. Go to my site and look under "Malf Codes" to see how.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts