Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who are the most reliable vendors to purchase KLZE motors from?
I live close to San Diego.

I don't want to run into problems with scam artists, money is too tight and need user feedback.

Thanks in advance...

MeMeCe3

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
In Japan.... ;)

It may be best to post this in your local forum so that you can get responses from ppl in that area who are knowledgeable about what you're asking for

Reactions: zlyricist

·
Its not butter?!!!!1
4,968 Posts
These guys are fantastic. Never heard a bad story about them
jdm source // inventory

^I know the owner, hes a great guy. If he doesn't get back to you, keep trying as hes quite busy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
In Japan.... ;)

It may be best to post this in your local forum so that you can get responses from ppl in that area who are knowledgeable about what you're asking for
Hey, saw online that you got your KLZE from japan motors,how much did it cost you? and how long did it take? I'm thinking of getting it done ,maybe, but want to know ballpark price.....?

·
Registered
3,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
These guys are fantastic. Never heard a bad story about them
jdm source // inventory

^I know the owner, hes a great guy. If he doesn't get back to you, keep trying as hes quite busy.
Hey, saw online that you got your KLZE from japan motors,how much did it cost you? and how long did it take? I'm thinking of getting it done ,maybe, but want to know ballpark price.....?

I ordered from jdmsource, he outsourced it to Japan Power......so i got a fake.

However, jdmsource took care of everything...got the fake picked up from my house and refunded my money. Still a major pain in the ass. I actually went to them based on Grahams advice.

I've heard he has very clean motors. So if you do order from him tell him you want him to ship it out not somebody else. Then again, his story didn't match up fully with what was going down..first he said..'those assholes, i've got 10 here i could have shipped to you' then after the fake got returned, he suddenly didn't have any to ship to me...not sure what the deal was there.

I ended up getting a beat up pile from Tiger Japanese for a decent price. Had a bit of sludge in the heads but once i cleaned it up she looks pretty clean.

I'll be making a thread later about the install and how she runs

All this to say, buy locally, see the motor/headstamps etc BEFORE you pay anything

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Unfortunately, in Ottawa the only place we have local is Japan Power Inc. So MX6-hottie, you would most likely have to take a trip down to Toronto. Avoid Montreal, that's where all the crooks come from, including Japan Power's sister branch: 'Nagano.'

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unfortunately, in Ottawa the only place we have local is Japan Power Inc. So MX6-hottie, you would most likely have to take a trip down to Toronto. Avoid Montreal, that's where all the crooks come from, including Japan Power's sister branch: 'Nagano.'
Ya well, since that was the only place I could get it from, I did...yes,yes,I heard what everyone had to say about the place,but I had a friend that knew one of the mechanics,it did take them a week to install,even though they say 2 days,the 1st time I went to pick it up,it was misfiring...anyways they're full of bullsh*t,everytime is a different story,to make a long story short,I took it home,replaced the BROKEN spark plug they put in,and its running fine...so I got lucky,unlike your problems( sorry to hear ),and I thouroughly checked the serial numbers and everything else to make sure it was an actual KLZE,of course.I also did a tune-up,so it runs better now...but I will make a complaint to BBB,they already have 3 right now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
you can even get a real motor from the crooks if they let you pick it out yourself and you know what you're looking at. thats what i did at tiger japanese

·
Registered
319 Posts
EngineworldUSA has a fairly decent reputation.

They're located in Berkley. (What's that from San Diego? 4 hours?) I would go inspect the motor before you buy...that's safest..

Engine World

1 - 11 of 11 Posts