Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find some .bin files of F2T ECU eeproms, but no luck so far. Are those some kind of guarded secret still in 2021?

Is there some tunned eeprom files arround? Maybe someone (ZombieSS Probinator or other) declassified his creation?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There, somebody is actually sharing their chip data:

And that mx6-mod2.bin works fine, just needs 0x52B1 changed to FF for boost cut.

Today when I asked to buy .bin instead of physical chip someone said "We do not provide bin files to the public ". I am not your fu**** public.

Another seller wants a price for the chip the same as an equipment needed to create it :D I better buy an Ostrich 2.0 instead LOL.

And the saddest thing is, none of the sellers are the actual creators of the tune. Just reselling copies.

If things gona stay that way. I will get that chips anyway, and release the bin's to the public.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Hi rmnts,

Welcome to the show, bin files were a hot topic around 2005 when people were trying to make money off it.

That mx6-mod2 is a good starting point if you're interested in developing your car as a tuning platform. It is based around a Gen1b or series 2 ecu. Depending on your model/location you may need to do some changes to board jumpers to suit external memory access from the CPU.
I use an Ostrich 2.0 to emulate and cell trace with TunerPro RT. As there is no ADX definition you can't do logging, but the tunerpro cell trace is useful.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
There, somebody is actually sharing their chip data:

And that mx6-mod2.bin works fine, just needs 0x52B1 changed to FF for boost cut.

Today when I asked to buy .bin instead of physical chip someone said "We do not provide bin files to the public ". I am not your fu**** public.

Another seller wants a price for the chip the same as an equipment needed to create it :D I better buy an Ostrich 2.0 instead LOL.

And the saddest thing is, none of the sellers are the actual creators of the tune. Just reselling copies.

If things gona stay that way. I will get that chips anyway, and release the bin's to the public.
I have nothing to offer to your search and am hoping to vulture information. I'm sorry.

I looked into buying an EEPROM reader/writer but the cost was high and I have no idea how to interpret programming...
I would kill for some 88-89 Aspec chips with boost cut removed, closed loop o2 sensor control raised from 3000 to 3250 rpm and red line raised to 6500.
But there is probably no programing for closed loop o2 reading above 3000rpm and there are probably no fuel or timing maps programmed above 6250 rpm.

Is there any way of making the ECU read 250rpm = 0 rpm, 251rpm = 1 rpm... without it screwing up ignition timing, does the ecu use rpm to calculate fuel and spark milliseconds? or does it just use rpm signal to change timing and fuel maps, o2 reading loop and red line cut. Does it just react to coil signal pulse regardless of registered rpm, so at 3000 rpm the head turns at 1500 rpm and there are 4 spark events per revolution so 6000 coil pulses per minute, if rpm was actually 3250 would it send spark 6000 or 6500 time per minute?

I dream of the day I can drive with traffic at 120km/h with or without cruise control without seeing low 13 high 12 air to fuel ratios and not hitting the rev limiter so soon giving me more time to shift gears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I looked into buying an EEPROM reader/writer but the cost was high and I have no idea how to interpret programming...
You not only need an eeprom programer, but an emulator also if you want to not just edit a rom on software but to also be able to tune in real time, and to try to figure out which hex address does what.

For equipment the simplest and least expensive pair is Willem eeprom programer ~ 30$ and as mentioned Ostrich 2.0 to emulate a chip, price is ~150 - 200$

I would kill for some 88-89 Aspec chips with boost cut removed, closed loop o2 sensor control raised from 3000 to 3250 rpm and red line raised to 6500.
But there is probably no programing for closed loop o2 reading above 3000rpm and there are probably no fuel or timing maps programmed above 6250 rpm.

Is there any way of making the ECU read 250rpm = 0 rpm, 251rpm = 1 rpm... without it screwing up ignition timing
Well maybe... I am not certain for this model of ECU, but for If I remember correctly, 4AGE ECUS, people just overclocked them. I think by changing the quarz crystal (not shure it's name in english. oscilator maybe). And for the ecu the engine apieared to work slower. An effect was that max RPM limit raised, but with a bit of side effects. Maybe you can just move ignition and fuel map values per one cell to the lower rpm ranges then to compensate. Just wondering.

On the other hand, maybe you would need to adjust every cell on maps, overclocking may effect the pulse lengths :/ If that is the case not only to move values but to proportionally increase them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use an Ostrich 2.0 to emulate and cell trace with TunerPro RT. As there is no ADX definition you can't do logging, but the tunerpro cell trace is useful.
Does anyone found out more parameters than the two maps and the boost cut? I read everything what could find in this forum, but all the links are dead, no more pictures, or the old users that used to tune this ECU. Nothing.

I even started to doubt legitimacy of ZombieSS chip after reading a discussion betwean him and user named 626-to-MX-6 about which map does what. Where ZombieSS said "Thats not the spark table, it's actually the WOT fuel map." Where all data in the table looks like a classic ignition map.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
I had the same troubles when I started digging. A lot of the so called tuners, or those who offered chips, didn't seem the know what much about it. There was a guy here in Australia who offered chips and he had a story about how the US spec chips didn't work in Australian cars.

The irony of it is that the Australian ecu's were all equivalent to the US cars that had to meet Californian smog tests.

I have found a few other things over the years. The fuel map you're talking about is actually open loop fuel map. The car will move to this map above 4000rpm and/or WOT. Part of the table is all 0. These cells make no difference when you change them, as it is parts of the map that feedback correction plays a part. You can force feedback correction off by unplugging the O2 sensor, it throws a code, but you can still tune the table. Kind of like an Alpha N tune.

Timing map is partial throttle to full throttle. There is an idle timing map I'm still trying to define.

It is not possible to do an AFM delete without rewriting the CPU codeset. I started to do some machine code disassembly and did not continue as I dont have the skills.

How familiar are you with the Toyota ecus? These ecu's are very very similar to 3SGTE, 7MGTE and the 4AGE. You can overclock these ecus also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Besides the obvious two big maps, in a stock rom I also found 4 small maps, but don't know what they do.

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Screenshot

17x7 starts at 765A

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

17x9 starts at 7769

Rectangle Font Line Screenshot Technology

9x7 starts at 7400

Rectangle Font Screenshot Slope Parallel

8x4 starts at 70BA

can anyone test these? or maybe already know something? I dont yet have an emulator.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Besides the obvious two big maps, in a stock rom I also found 4 small maps, but don't know what they do.

View attachment 14093
17x7 starts at 765A

View attachment 14094
17x9 starts at 7769

View attachment 14095
9x7 starts at 7400

View attachment 14096

8x4 starts at 70BA

can anyone test these? or maybe already know something? I dont yet have an emulator.
Some of your scaling and table start locations are off, but you've made a good start. I've been working through the maps on and off for about the last 8 years, but I haven't had access to my car for the last 5 years due to moving interstate and the car is in storage, so progress has been slow.

WTF2 is closed loop cruise/light load or in Mazda talk, Feedback Correction. The transition from closed loop to open loop on light load happens at 4250rpm and goes straight into Open loop with WOT.

The "0" cells target 14.7afr and any changes to them make no difference.

This should give you a good head start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts