Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actually have a 89 PGT but from what I read the trans should be the same as the MX6 correct.

I need to buy a 5th gear shift fork but all the dealers around me don't carry it anymore.

Anyone know where I could buy one on line perhaps?

I got these two part numbers (H501-17-406 Mazda?), (E92Z-7230-F Ford) and these two I'm guessing will be the same.

:help:

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I ordered my 5th Gear Shift Fork from my local Mazda dealer no problem. Just go in with the part number and tell them you need to order it. Dont bother going to a Ford dealership, they treat you as if your Probe is extinct and dead and Ford wants nothing to do with it. My fork arrived at my shop in about 4 days coming from Japan, none were around. I dont see why you couldnt get yours? And yes, the PGT and MX-6 have the same engine and transmission.

-Tyler

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tyler886 said:
I ordered my 5th Gear Shift Fork from my local Mazda dealer no problem. Just go in with the part number and tell them you need to order it. Dont bother going to a Ford dealership, they treat you as if your Probe is extinct and dead and Ford wants nothing to do with it. My fork arrived at my shop in about 4 days coming from Japan, none were around. I dont see why you couldnt get yours? And yes, the PGT and MX-6 have the same engine and transmission.

-Tyler
:jump:
Thanks Tyler,

Yeah all the Ford dealers said it was obsolete. Luckily we had one Mazda dealership here who said they can order it, should be in this Thursday.

Thanks again. :tup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts