Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

my boyfriend just purchased a mazda mx6 turbo

it has a couple of things done so its a fair bit faster

he was going round a corner yesterday and spun and the front left guard hit something

he wants to get a new guard, hopefully in the same colour, where can he get one?

Thanks
K

·
Registered
478 Posts
Red car, recently purchased, in Brisbane, with a few things done on it....

Sounding familiar.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Well, it is probably a fair bit faster because it is red. We all know that red cars go faster.

How bad is the damage? Is it repairable? As spare parts for these cars are harder to get than a 3-some with a nun. Anyway, maybe try that online wreckers site... can't remember it at the moment.

Tripharn

PS. Paul, it did sound familiar until she said 'fast' })

·
Registered
478 Posts
www.partslocator.com.au

Your probably better off getting it panel beated and resprayed, looking at around $500 for that.

If it is the car I'm thinking of than my money is on power off oversteer being the cause... standard suspension makes that a lot of fun. Doesn't it Craig???

·
Registered
236 Posts
If it can be panelbeated out, go with the raping dished out by those cowboys, if not pray for a miracle finding one at a wreckers. The old front left and right gurads are the most commopn panel to get fcuked up in a smash, so they might be plenty on offer but they're probably all worse off then the one you have already.
Try mazford if partslocator doesnt find much, however, most wreckers work of parts locator so if there snothing there, keep searching. Ditch the colour choice, be thankful if anything turns up.

shaun.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
If it is the same red 6 that vinny is talking about, it is lucky to still be around.
Was scary watching that thing "power off oversteer" into the path of a VT commodore. Which then slid out in sympathy.

As for panel, yellow pages will have one. Try PHW at Yatala. Pacific Highway Wreckers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts