Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a centerforce clutch, but can't seem to find much for our cars. i am sure they are out there, someone here was saying they had one, and that it was nice.

I guess i am looking more for prices at the moment, my original clutch is still holding up, but i think it is starting to slip. 109k on that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to nopi.com They have serveral centerforce kits available and they are pretty well priced. I plan on getting one soon as well.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I've heard numerous times that centerforce is garbage. Lots of people use the ACT street clutch and havent had any problems with it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Guys,

I have heard from several different people that Centreforce clutches are bad aswell.

Complaints range from inconsistent pedal feel and clutch take up, to noisy operation of the spinning weights, light feel.

A custom made clutch is what I will get, basically good quality clutch face near standard, and rebuilt pressure plate for more clamping force...end of story! :)

Pete

G

·
I have heard that

1: the centerforce dual friction clutchset is a great street clutch if you don't have any mods besides bolt-ons.

2: if you have a turbo, supercharger, nitrous, or any other very-high hp engine mod than it's not for you. Additionally, it's not appropriate for track racing.

The ACT is a very good clutch but I've heard some bad things about it too, seems that nobody is completely safe. It is also a very heavy clutch and a bear to drive in traffic.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
ACtually I drove Manifest's car and he has an act clutch. I found it to be very easy to drive. Initial pressure is high, but it dosent require much force to hold it down at a light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts